Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Could see a band like Deafheaven being added considering how critically lauded their albums have been.

On a personal level I would love to see Brand New or Manchester Orchestra added, I think they would sneak through the hipster test.
    Deafheaven? Their commercial success is hard to explain but regardless, I think there's 0% chance of them being added, although I'd love if they were.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They're not going to book skate pop rock or nu metal any more than they'll book Eminem or Avicii or Little Mix.
    They haven't and they aren't going to.
    Remember the uproar when The Killers were headliners?
    Or how much bitching was done about Sam Smith or Lana Del Rey or Paolo Nutini? And those are all acts that would fit handily into the bill with no one batting a eyelid if it wasn't for the fact they're all very successful chart toppers.
    You can have your pipedreams of whoever you want playing but being realistic, they simply don't book certain types of music. Its like complaining about Download not having enough jazz.
    I think the discussion is about why they don't book these acts. I don't think many think that they will be booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How much do you think Lana is getting?
    I'm fully expecting for her to pushed down one spot on the bill??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There is still at least 1 big act to be announced. I don't Lana will be headlining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

It has to be Radiohead…it just has to be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    How much do you think Lana is getting?
    I'm fully expecting for her to pushed down one spot on the bill??

She will either sub a headliner or do a late slot like Paolo Nutini

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

James opening Glastonbury and their new album is 2000 copies away from no 1 spot in UK...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

sadie06 wrote: »
    It has to be Radiohead…it just has to be.

I live in hope. Raging I missed out on tickets for the London gigs last week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I must have missed the whole Lana Del Rey thing as a headliner.
    tbh i would've thought of her as similar in stature to Ellie Goulding, and she played the main stage during the day.
    Are people just looking at her position on the announcement flyer and assuming she'll headline? I can't for the life of me see how she could be that big.

There'll be 3-4 more announcements and there'll surely be more headliners in the next announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

maximoose wrote: »
    I live in hope. Raging I missed out on tickets for the London gigs last week :mad:

I really hope it is Radiohead.

That weekend they are free and they have skipped Ireland regarding standalone concerts.

My nightmare will be that the Chilli Peppers will be announced because they are around that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

If it's radiohead, then yay!

if it's rhcp, then we all go see something nice and hopefully weird in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I must have missed the whole Lana Del Rey thing as a headliner.
    tbh i would've thought of her as similar in stature to Ellie Goulding, and she played the main stage during the day.
    Are people just looking at her position on the announcement flyer and assuming she'll headline? I can't for the life of me see how she could be that big.

There'll be 3-4 more announcements and there'll surely be more headliners in the next announcement.
    Take a look at her album sales. She's probably over 10 million worldwide now, which is a ****tonne these days. Having said that, the majority were from the album with Video Games so her popularity has decreased rather than increased. Still, Sam Smith was a headliner last year, and I can't imagine he has as many albums sold worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

EP had Iggy Pop before and he is as metal as some of the big bands out there, he was probably the heaviest act booked in 2007 and man, he rocked.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

OPM or Weezer anyone?

EP had Iggy Pop before and he is as metal as some of the big bands out there, he was probably the heaviest act booked in 2007 and man, he rocked.
    Metal? Hardly. Great show though. Pity he felt the need to sell insurance since then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

srm23 wrote: »
    OPM or Weezer anyone?

Would love to see Weezer added. Have they ever played Ep before? feels like they have...

Just lookin at the line up for 2007, I can't seem to remember any of it except maybe the Beastie boys playing sabotage. Good times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would love to see Weezer added. Have they ever played Ep before? feels like they have...

They played Oxegen in 2011 and were great, covers of Teenage Dirtbag and Paranoid Android

OPM - the Heaven is a half pipe guys? :pac:

I'd prefer them than Sum 41 anyway

maximoose wrote: »
    They played Oxegen in 2011 and were great, covers of Teenage Dirtbag and Paranoid Android

Thats prob what I'm thinking of alright

Snarky Snark Snark

Some acts starting to firm up dates

Lana Del Rey - Sun 4th
    New Order - Sun 4th
    Chemical Bros - Fri 2nd
    Nathaniel Rateliff - Fri 2nd
    SFA - Fri 2nd
    Aurora - Sun 4th
    Wolf Alice - Sun 4th

Time to dig up this oldie too, 6 months out but you just know it's gonna happen

zELkklM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Chemical Bros - Fri 2nd

Damn it. I really did want to take it easy on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can never really trust those "first day of the festival" dates though, lots of acts just put the first one rather than the actual day they're playing, the link on their site for that date leads to this which says 2nd-4th, show date TBA:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1686504081607036

by the looks of those other confirmed ones though, I'd imagine LDR will be 2nd last on the main stage, with New Order after her, even though they're not headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

Does anyone suspect a highly commercial act for one of the headliners? I know we joked about Calvin Harris but looking at the Glasto headliners with Adele and Coldplay are we expecting any of that at the picnic?

Snarky Snark Snark

I would have thought that Lana Del Rey was the "commercial" (in the Sam Smith/Hozier type) selection this year (unlike the pair of them, I actually might try and see her though).

For the type of festival though, Radiohead or a band of that ilk would be equally commercial as they'd be guaranteed to shift tickets (no need for that now obviously but they'd have the required effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I wouldn't be surprised to see Biffy Clyro, they've a new album out in July and haven't announced an Irish date....or is that totally off the wall?!?

Snarky Snark Snark

I wouldn't be surprised to see Biffy Clyro, they've a new album out in July and haven't announced an Irish date....or is that totally off the wall?!?

What sort of music are they?

hmmmm, had a look on youtoob, meh, poppy rock, could be worse, would keep the kiddies happy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They are playing Belsonic in Belfast during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

srm23 wrote: »
    OPM or Weezer anyone?
    Weezer are better than the rest of the line up bar LCD tbh.

Snarky Snark Snark

Canadel wrote: »
    Weezer are better than the rest of the line up bar LCD tbh.

Heh, heheheheehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Cough....

Heheheheehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Lana has a massive following here, 2 number one albums and her other album was number 2 in the charts. Her "Born to Die" album is one of the best selling albums here in the past 5 years. You may not like her but she really is "Headliner level" if ever there is a barometer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement