Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Primal Scream have a new album and will be touring. An archetypal Picnic act, they are not exactly strangers to the country but would be welcome

Iggy Pop could be a real possibility.

I somehow have myself completely convinced that PJ Harvey is going to be announced.

I still have everything crossed for The Kills, at least for some Irish date.

Cassius would be good and they are playing in France the weekend before but seeing as they're from France and not doing a lot else it doesn't seem likely at this stage.

An outside bet that would be amazing would be Die Antwoord. Doing Reading and Leeds the week before. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously but would be mental fun.

Do Body & Soul's own festival acts ever do Picnic? I couldn't think of anyone more perfect for the Body Soul stage at Picnic than Floating Points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Bootsy. wrote: »

Do Body & Soul's own festival acts ever do Picnic? I couldn't think of anyone more perfect for the Body Soul stage at Picnic than Floating Points.

There is a bit but usually just any irish bands that do a number of festivals here each year they don't tend to have the same international acts.

I wouldnt get our hopes up on anyone massive being announced , someone the size of Blur getting added in May was unprecedented. Dunno why that happened most likely they were late committing to a tour or getting booked or else they were held back til tix went up full price, but that strategy was never gonna apply this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Primal Scream have a new album and will be touring. An archetypal Picnic act, they are not exactly strangers to the country but would be welcome

I somehow have myself completely convinced that PJ Harvey is going to be announced.

Cassius would be good and they are playing in France the weekend before but seeing as they're from France and not doing a lot else it doesn't seem likely at this stage.

An outside bet that would be amazing would be Die Antwoord. Doing Reading and Leeds the week before. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously but would be mental fun.

Glad you changed the pronoun you were using for Cassius, that was bugging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Primal Scream is playing Sea Sessions so they are out, would like Iggy Pop myself, PJ Harvey could be a possibility.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Heh, heheheheehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Cough....

Heheheheehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Whether I'm right or wrong, your reaction is one of the reasons the closest I've ever come to electric picnic was posting in this thread thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Canadel wrote: »
    Whether I'm right or wrong, your reaction is one of the reasons the closest I've ever come to electric picnic was posting in this thread thankfully.

:pac: Why do you post in here then

Synode wrote: »
    :pac: Why do you post in here then
    To express myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ah get over yerself

(weezer are an alright band but they're unlikely to be at this)

ah get over yerself

(weezer are an alright band but they're unlikely to be at this)

I'm well over myself don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Primal Scream is playing Sea Sessions so they are out, would like Iggy Pop myself, PJ Harvey could be a possibility.

PJ Harvey seems like a safe bet surely. On tour and booked for a few festivals this summer

• Advertisement

To express myself.

Then don't give out when others do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

srm23 wrote: »
    OPM or Weezer anyone?

I was actually thinking Weezer the other day when Island In The Sun came on in my Spotify. Would be a very good act and probably cheap enough to get

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BOHtox wrote: »
    I was actually thinking Weezer the other day when Island In The Sun came on in my Spotify. Would be a very good act and probably cheap enough to get

Would love to hear Hash Pipe live!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

BOHtox wrote: »

I'd be over the moon if weezer were added, they would be perfect. But the are they sort of band that demand a decent fee in the US and Rivers can be a bit contrary about touring among other things.

Then don't give out when others do the same
    I don't. And I didn't give out to anybody.

Back to school for you.

I don't. And I didn't give out to anybody.

Back to school for you.

Sure you didn't ;)

Anyhooo, back on topic.

Sure you didn't ;)

Anyhooo, back on topic.
    I'm absolutely sure I didn't.

Leave it lads.

Anyhoo, I would literally pass by Primal Scream playing. Haven't done anything good since Screamadelica.

There has to be some 80's acts, and hopefully some indie 90 acts. Belly are touring again, as are The Wonderstuff. Would be fairly happy with those

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Ben Watt must be a good bet too. Last album was really good and the new one gets 9 out of 10 in the current Uncut.

With Bernard Butler in his band, that would be a really good addition.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyhoo, I would literally pass by Primal Scream playing. Haven't done anything good since Screamadelica.

But it's such a good album though. I'd welcome them

• Advertisement

But it's such a good album though. I'd welcome them

If that's their playlist, I will see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

everlast75 wrote: »
    Leave it lads.

There has to be some 80's acts, and hopefully some indie 90 acts. Belly are touring again, as are The Wonderstuff. Would be fairly happy with those
    XTRMNTR is a brilliant album. I prefer it to Screamadelica, and its about time they gave that ****er a rest at festivals at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Could The Charlatans be finally booked again. Seem like a good EA headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

BadTurtle wrote: »
    XTRMNTR is a brilliant album. I prefer it to Screamadelica, and its about time they gave that ****er a rest at festivals at this stage.

don't think XTRMNTR is as good as Screamadelica but goddamn its good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I go every year. Its a fantastic festival with great variety yet it is very true there is sadly a lack of heavier music at the festival. In my experience rock and metal fans tend to be far gentler souls than given credit for and their presence would enhance the EP experience.

...and you're quite right, Weezer are a far superior band both live and musically Tha most of this year's lineup.

To Canadel: It is only the first announcement, there will be five or six more during the summer, normally by the time the festival comes around there is at least 15 to 20 acts you wouldn't mind seeing and possibly 3 or 4 new discoveries along with the general festival shebang. Have you been before, have you been left extremely disappointed. Wait it out it will be worth your while.

I go every year. Its a fantastic festival with great variety yet it is very true there is sadly a lack of heavier music at the festival. In my experience rock and metal fans tend to be far gentler souls than given credit for and their presence would enhance the EP experience.

...and you're quite right, Weezer are a far superior band both live and musically Tha most of this year's lineup.

Some of the smaller tents used to have a lot of metal bands like the Oxjam tent, Body & Soul Village at EP had metal acts last year, the band on in the Body & Soul main stage on Saturday afternoon, Bitch Falcon (who are playing B&S festival this year) played a molten blitzkrieg metal.

If you are still looking for a chance to go to EP, volunteer applications have opened for weekend volunteers for this years edition, the link live on EP's website. Normally involves either 3 eight hour shifts over the weekend or 4 six hour shifts for a festival wristband. http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/volunteer-applications-now-open?utm_source=Festival+Republic+Audience&utm_campaign=6eeb6afbc5-EP_230316_Non_Ticket_Holder3_16_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_317cda3fe5-6eeb6afbc5-55882477&ct=t%28EP_230316_Non_Ticket_Holder3_16_2016%29&mc_cid=6eeb6afbc5&mc_eid=a1ccc53e52

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They may well be but the image presents a problem (undeserved or not), there's always room for heavy bands with an "indie" bent but I wouldn't be holding my breath for any "rock/metal" bands with the exception of the likes of Iggy (who is a legend and a god amongst men) and has a wide palate of material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

They may well be but the image presents a problem (undeserved or not), there's always room for heavy bands with an "indie" bent but I wouldn't be holding my breath for any "rock/metal" bands with the exception of the likes of Iggy (who is a legend and a god amongst men) and has a wide palate of material.

This performance is particularly legendary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzc05H3kPg

Bitch Falcon did push the metal agenda slightly last year as did another Irish band in Body and Soul whose name escapes but most of the heavy bands fall into the hardcore/post-hardcore genre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement