Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any chance of Dillion Francis playing, he's playing wireless in London another live nation concert and pukklepop in France, nothing in his calendar after pukklepop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Do you ever get that feeling at the Picnic sometimes that you are a zombie from outer space.

I get that feeling every weekday from about 9.30ish in the a.m. till about 6.30ish in the p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do you ever get that feeling at the Picnic sometimes that you are a zombie from outer space.

That depends on what I've consumed. There was a point where I thought everyone else were zombies from outer space. Had to go back to my tent for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MadYaker wrote: »

That depends on what I've consumed. There was a point where I thought everyone else were zombies from outer space. Had to go back to my tent for a while.

Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MadYaker wrote: »
    They said September 2nd which is the Friday.

Most of the acts will just list the first day of the festival in their tour dates. Promoters will reveal the full details closer to the time then.

LCD may well play on Saturday, but if you look at most of the bands playing EP this year they will have Friday listed on their dates and they will end up on other days in most cases.

I'd be surprised too - LCD are the big name this year so that would usually mean Saturday or Sunday. But, stranger things have happened.

Going on previous years, majority of acts announce their participation with with the dates Friday to Sunday ie 4th-6th. Lcd have specifically said the Friday. As for tralee?the amount of times jm has been there,you would think someone would get it right lol

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Lcd have specifically said the Friday. As for tralee?the amount of times jm has been there,you would think someone would get it right lol

Where did they put that out? It's not on their website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Well if EP announcements ends up at even a fraction of the full Glasto line up I'll be happy. Solid festival that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

ELO would be a great addition, but I wonder if their Point gig rules that out. Also, I'd love to see Unknown Mortal Orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love ZZTop, more looked upon as Southern hippy blues rock than a metal act, ELO would be cool too, would absolutely love Cyndi Lauper, Madness and M83.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Well if EP announcements ends up at even a fraction of the full Glasto line up I'll be happy. Solid festival that!
    and that's only the first announcement, not the full one. there's still 95% of acts (including plenty of main stage ones) to be announced:

here's the amount of them last year:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fJn2OK-nA84J:www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2015/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

mejulie805 wrote: »

Glasto is the week after body and soul , so in keeping with how we speculate things here everyone named there will be at body and soul:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lbj666 wrote: »
    Glasto is the week after body and soul , so in keeping with how we speculate things here everyone named there will be at body and soul:D

B&S is really scaling up this year with Muse, Coldplay and Adele. Definitely a change in tactic for them!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For all LCD Soundsystem fans, pitchfork (love 'em or hate 'em) have a breakdown of sunday's first reunion gig, set list and dodgy videos included.

http://pitchfork.com/news/64389-lcd-soundsystem-first-reunion-show-video-photos-setlist-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

ELO, M83, Last Shadow Puppets, Floating Points, Richard Hawley, PJ Harvey, Jake Bugg (debut album specifically), Annie Mac, Sigur Rós and Carl Cox would be more than welcome from that Glastonbury line up.

How do people think Skepta would go down at EP out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

B&S is really scaling up this year with Muse, Coldplay and Adele. Definitely a change in tactic for them!! :p

Grr got me you trickster! :mad:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Holy **** starting to tour in the U.S., finishing up in July. Could it be?

http://pitchfork.com/news/64454-holy-****-release-xed-eyes-announce-tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Holy **** starting to tour in the U.S., finishing up in July. Could it be?

http://pitchfork.com/news/64454-holy-****-release-xed-eyes-announce-tour/

The new tracks sound great... would be a top class addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Tago Mago wrote: »
    ELO, M83, Last Shadow Puppets, Floating Points, Richard Hawley, PJ Harvey, Jake Bugg (debut album specifically), Annie Mac, Sigur Rós and Carl Cox would be more than welcome from that Glastonbury line up.

How do people think Skepta would go down at EP out of curiosity?

Floating Points is playing B&S and Skepta is playing forbidden fruit. Think Skepta would fit in nicely at ep if he wasn't already playing this summer in Ireland

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can 100% recommend going to see Jack Garratt , He was great last year but after tonight in the Olympia he took was even better once they keep him in a tent at night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Would love ZZTop, more looked upon as Southern hippy blues rock than a metal act, ELO would be cool too, would absolutely love Cyndi Lauper, Madness and M83.

Saw them at the Marquee in Cork last June, they were on fire as ever. Wonder if there's any chance they'll be back here this summer as they're playing Glasto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

ZZTop yes please

Snarky Snark Snark

Dave Gilmour is touring again (new album is pants) but would be a dream for him to pop up and he's in Europe at that time.
    Would love to see him in Pompeii but at 300 quid a ticket, that's just not a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Dave Gilmour is touring again (new album is pants) but would be a dream for him to pop up and he's in Europe at that time.
    Would love to see him in Pompeii but at 300 quid a ticket, that's just not a runner.

Rattle that Lock? I love it!

He's way out of EP league though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Rattle that Lock? I love it!

He's way out of EP league though.

sure we had Robert Plant a few years ago, it's surely a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

Can 100% recommend going to see Jack Garratt , He was great last year but after tonight in the Olympia he took was even better once they keep him in a tent at night

I can second this - was absolutely overwhelmed by his show last night. Really funny too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cab15 wrote: »
    I can second this - was absolutely overwhelmed by his show last night. Really funny too.

Was wondering would he be able to pull off a big show with just him but he did. Plus the addition of a great lighting rig and the fact he plays everything live.

Have him headline Rankins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

These lads have a new album out, would be a great addition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

endainoz wrote: »

These lads have a new album out, would be a great addition!

Saw them at Oxegen years ago. Absolutely brilliant.

Sound bleed from the next stage over caused some problems and they stopped playing and commented on it, but they did their best with the set up they had. Would definitely recommend seeing if they're in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

The Cure are playing Bestival the week after EP..... just leavin that out there....

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

roll wrote: »
    The Cure are playing Bestival the week after EP..... just leavin that out there....

It is known.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement