Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats happening, any additions to other festivals near Picnic time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Girl Band were fantastic in Vicar Street the other night but I read somewhere that it would be their only Irish gig for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bah. That's a shame, they're the best Irish act around. Hope MMoths and Toby Kaar will be added down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

roll wrote: »
    The Cure are playing Bestival the week after EP..... just leavin that out there....

I hope they play their own gig here instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Bah. That's a shame, they're the best Irish act around. Hope MMoths and Toby Kaar will be added down the line.

Heard that Mmoths will definitely be at it, you'll be happy to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Have Sigur Ros been mentioned as a possibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MJohnston wrote: »
    Have Sigur Ros been mentioned as a possibility?

They're playing their own show in Dublin in June, so they won't be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

They're playing their own show in Dublin in June, so they won't be at EP.

Didn't Florence and the machine do that last year?

budgemook wrote: »
    Didn't Florence and the machine do that last year?

No it was shortly after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Girl Band were fantastic in Vicar Street the other night but I read somewhere that it would be their only Irish gig for the rest of the year.

I have a pm from them that they are announcing festivals after their Vicar st gig in response to me asking if they were going to be at Glastonbury.

Hi Mince Pie,
    We won't be there this year but maybe next. There'll be a few festival appearances announced after our Vicar St. show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I have a pm from them that they are announcing festivals after their Vicar st gig in response to me asking if they were going to be at Glastonbury.

Hi Mince Pie,
    We won't be there this year but maybe next. There'll be a few festival appearances announced after our Vicar St. show
    Yeah it could very well have been taken out of context and misconstrued...let me try and find the article!

Here it is

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Yeah it could very well have been taken out of context and misconstrued...let me try and find the article!

Here it is https://twitter.com/dannymcelhinney/status/714114354908672000

Sorry impossible to read the article cos the writing is miniscule but its dated after my pm. Oh my I'm devo'd cos I seriously wanted to go to the vicar st gig. Just couldn't make it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Sleaford Mods announced for Vicar St. in October so that's them out. Kinda glad because I'd prefer to see them (again) in a proper venue, instead of a tent/field at a random time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sleaford Mods announced for Vicar St. in October so that's them out. Kinda glad because I'd prefer to see them (again) in a proper venue, instead of a tent/field at a random time.

Not necessarily, flo-jo and her two stroke played the point in the week after EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

With a solid new album I would say Mogwai would be a good bet for a return .. how many times have Mogwai played EP at this stage .. must be 2 years since they played :)

Snarky Snark Snark

With a solid new album I would say Mogwai would be a good bet for a return .. how many times have Mogwai played EP at this stage .. must be 2 years since they played :)

It is two years, my ears though are still ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Would love Phoenix to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

is there a date for the next set of announcments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

srm23 wrote: »
    is there a date for the next set of announcments?

I heard May.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

It is two years, my ears though are still ringing.
    Never get tired of them. Explosions in the Sky have a new one out too. They played in 2012 (I think) but it was on the main stage when it was bright so didn't go down that well.

• Advertisement

Never get tired of them. Explosions in the Sky have a new one out too. They played in 2012 (I think) but it was on the main stage when it was bright so didn't go down that well.

They're playing Dublin at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Sadly EITS have US dates on that weekend.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I heard May.

have you heard who will be announced?

srm23 wrote: »
    have you heard who will be announced?

I've no inside information, just heard from my sister that that's when they'll be announced. She would have got the date from social media I imagine so if there was info on who it would be I'd say it would be up here already.

Snarky Snark Snark

I think we're going to require the rumours to be a little less solid than that in order to properly speculate.

They're playing Dublin at the end of this month.

Argh seems to be sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Not necessarily, flo-jo and her two stroke played the point in the week after EP last year.

But that gig wasn't announced before the EP main release. Also gonna be hard for a band such as SM to full V.St 6 weeks after EP.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them at both, but they're hardly announcing October gigs with a view to filling a tent in September.

But that gig wasn't announced before the EP main release. Also gonna be hard for a band such as SM to full V.St 6 weeks after EP.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them at both, but they're hardly announcing October gigs with a view to filling a tent in September.

I disagree, EP is sold out and earlier than expected so a lot of people missed out. Also people who see acts they like at EP will likely want to see them again in a venue like Vicar St.

Snarky Snark Snark

Don't think any one expected EP to sell out so early, likely to be other bands who will have gigs booked and are playing EP also that we don't know about.

• Advertisement

I've no inside information, just heard from my sister that that's when they'll be announced. She would have got the date from social media I imagine so if there was info on who it would be I'd say it would be up here already.

Care to speculate?

since you have inside information

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement