Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well Major Lazer seems to be the best out of the EDM currently showing atm anyway, the most entertaining.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Well Major Lazer seems to be the best out of the EDM currently showing atm anyway, the most entertaining.

Please never, ever use the term EDM on here again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Synode wrote: »
    Please never, ever use the term EDM on here again

In fairness it's a good descriptor for "soulless American dance pop", so that when I hear someone say they like it, I know that I can avoid them forever.

OK will I replace with distressful American dance music tosh, at least Lazer is a bit of fun with nice girls dancing on the stage, Beach House on Channel 2 atm.

OK will I replace with distressful American dance music tosh, at least Lazer is a bit of fun with nice girls dancing on the stage, Beach House on Channel 2 atm.

As opposed to who? i.e. who else is/was on

• Advertisement

Well it has to be said LCD gave the hands down best performance of the weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the full set, Wolf Alice gets my second vote, most pales in comparison, I enjoyed the set from Health on Friday too, your man has an amazing voice behind the industrial landscape of metal riffs, an unusual combination. Health would be an interesting addition to EP.

Who is on Channel 2 just now fecking mental.

Edit: Aaah Death Grips, pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

just watched her set, very good.

Yeah, her set was great. Surprised the fook out of me! She reminds me of the actress from Orphan Black for some reason... and her ass is the Greatest of all time. EP Please and thanks.

I hate this despondency between announcements, the fecking wait, I've also got the feeling Longitude is going to cancel soon if they don't get an announcement out over the next week or two.

I've also got the feeling Longitude is going to cancel soon if they don't get an announcement out over the next week or two.

What makes you think they'd cancel?

• Advertisement

Well no announcements for over two months now compared to last year, maybe they are just doing it differently this year.

Think you might be adding 1 + 1 and getting 5 bodhrandude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

He's proof that weed does make you paranoid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hey guys. A mate of mine told me All Twins all but confirmed they were played EP on Today FM last week. I can't find anything online. Anybody know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've also got the feeling Longitude is going to cancel soon if they don't get an announcement out over the next week or two.

The delay could very easily be caused by something simple like an announcement embargo. Maybe one of their new additions is announcing a new album & tour soon and Longitude can't legally say anything about them until after a certain date and are just holding tight.

I wouldn't be spreading cancellation rumours anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A lot of people got caught out this year with tickets selling out so fast. I wonder how will this affect ticket sales next year? Will more people buy early before any announcement? I think a lot will. I've done some reading on efestivals.co.uk and some other places and it seems to me that when a trend like this starts it doesn't reverse, people are afraid of being caught out again so they buy early. It could affect the way the festival is run in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

135 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

MadYaker wrote: »
    A lot of people got caught out this year with tickets selling out so fast. I wonder how will this affect ticket sales next year? Will more people buy early before any announcement? I think a lot will. I've done some reading on efestivals.co.uk and some other places and it seems to me that when a trend like this starts it doesn't reverse, people are afraid of being caught out again so they buy early. It could affect the way the festival is run in the future.

One thing to note though, what drove the early sell out this year as much as the line up was the loyalty tickets , these are heavily discounted and make up a considerable proportion of overall sales. Early tickets for festivals like Glasto, Reading Download have a nominal discounts if they even have any.

So there is definitely scope for EP to adjust their pricing structure to reflect the crazy demand. There is definitely more money to be made out it, I definitely would expect them to tinker with the pricing before it gets to point that it sells out before or very soon after the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Wooderson

MadYaker wrote: »

I wouldn't listen to any of the twats on there...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wooderson wrote: »

Would that include yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

With the EP sold out surely Longitude will happen this year, but they are very very late!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wooderson wrote: »

Really? I've gotten plenty of useful info from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Wooderson

everlast75 wrote: »
    Would that include yourself?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Fatfrog wrote: »
    With the EP sold out surely Longitude will happen this year, but they are very very late!
    They've announced the dates and headliners. Nothing else needed.

A question pertinent to one of the EP headliners, LCD Soundsystem, where does this track Where is Love come from, I don't see it on any albums, is it a b side to one of their singles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A question pertinent to one of the EP headliners, LCD Soundsystem, where does this track Where is Love come from, I don't see it on any albums, is it a b side to one of their singles?

http://pitchfork.com/features/article/6036-jukebox-james-murphy/
    LCD Soundsystem: "Where Is Love?"

James: What a terrible song. I hate it. It's an old song that I worked on that I was unsatisfied with, essentially, and it wasn't relevant to my life anymore. It sounded like Peaches. I was really into Peaches at the time, having fun with drum machines. In the end, it wasn't me. Didn't feel right, and I didn't like it. I had it on a CD that I gave to some friends, "Tribulations" was on there, "Never As Tired" was on there, "Beat Connection", "Losing My Edge". These were just things I was working on, and it made its way onto the internet eventually. And that's where it should stay. If people have the song and they like it, hell they care if it's on the record or not? It's not a good song. I mean, there are things about it that I like-- the big bass explosion at the end. But it's just a failed arrangement.

Fatfrog wrote: »

Wha! Longitude have announced their main acts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »
    Wha! Longitude have announced their main acts

Woops so it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Goes without saying absolutely devastated I'll never get to catch Prince live. Would have made the ultimate EP headliner.

• Advertisement

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Goes without saying absolutely devastated I'll never get to catch Prince live. Would have made the ultimate EP headliner.

You probably wouldn't mind the German band Can though judging by yer user name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement