Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So any new announcements?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'd be happy with All Tvvins, Catfish and the bottlemen and Wild Beasts. I ain't greedy :)

Nice to see LCD Soundsystem covering Prince's Controversy at the second weekend in Coachella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd be happy with All Tvvins, Catfish and the bottlemen and Wild Beasts. I ain't greedy :)

Well, I'm happy to let you know that Wild Beasts are already playing!!:D

The second wave of acts was announced on May 5th last year so can we expect the same time for the second announcement this year, twenty three acts were announced on the second wave so hopefully some more interesting acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I have never met anyone so rabidly excited as to compare dates and numbers of acts announced from year to year as you bodhrandude.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I have never met anyone so rabidly excited as to compare dates and numbers of acts announced from year to year as you bodhrandude.

Take a look at the Glastonbury Chat thread in efestivals, they constantly talk about the line up non-stop so why should it be any different on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The second wave of acts was announced on May 5th last year so can we expect the same time for the second announcement this year, twenty three acts were announced on the second wave so hopefully some more interesting acts.

That was the Tuesday after the May bank holiday weekend, so hopefully an announcement due tomorrow week!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

13087361_1050243025050123_5211149010390197063_n.jpg?oh=c8829766114dc6499ea951ada0401892&oe=57B50869&__gda__=1471445292_bb7c31b095c91c3f15c250eb486c6821

Looks like no Noel G and prob Catfish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

13087361_1050243025050123_5211149010390197063_n.jpg?oh=c8829766114dc6499ea951ada0401892&oe=57B50869&__gda__=1471445292_bb7c31b095c91c3f15c250eb486c6821

That's a pity, would have been nice additions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

You probably wouldn't mind the German band Can though judging by yer user name.

More chance of Prince unfortunately :-/

Damn, no Corrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I dunno, it's still two weeks before hand, could still happen, we'd probably need Belsonic to sell out before an announcement though.

Shame though, would love madness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

**** The Corrs. Would have liked to see Noel though.

No-one ****s with the Corrs.
    Jim solves the world's greatest mysteries in his free time.

Snarky Snark Snark

No-one ****s with the Corrs.
    Jim solves the world's greatest mysteries in his free time.

But he has yet to solve the greatest mystery of all : The success of the Corrs.

That's no a mystery, they are the greatest Irish band of all time. Why else would their albums be sold alongside leprechaun hats and castle fridge magnets to American tourists?

That's no a mystery, they are the greatest Irish band of all time. Why else would their albums be sold alongside leprechaun hats and castle fridge magnets to American tourists?

I bet you were at the front for Sharon Corr at EP 2011. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm not so sure, he's played Dublin and Belfast together a few times on recent tours and despite gigging a lot this year has yet to play an Irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

sorry for the double post, not sure how that happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows if they are running the green camping area this year?

Snarky Snark Snark

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows if they are running the green camping area this year?

Probably best asking on their bookface page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

watching over some Coachella sets and the big surprise is Miami Horror. i knew their songs but didn't expect them to be this good live. just the perfect mix between dance funk and live instruments.

edward sharpe and matt & kim be great additions as well. all three are presumably realistic

watching over some Coachella sets and the big surprise is Miami Horror. i knew their songs but didn't expect them to be this good live. just the perfect mix between dance funk and live instruments.

edward sharpe and matt & kim be great additions as well. all three are presumably realistic

Surprised there is no LCD clips up in the Coachella youtube channel considering they filmed the whole performance. Theres a good clip though of the Despacio tent that graced Electric Picnic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Other voices announcement next week according to EP

Other voices announcement next week according to EP

Fcuk that it should be a main announcement, not a daft wee stage.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fcuk that it should be a main announcement, not a daft wee stage.

Why not both?

Why not both?

Well that would be even better, I must've walked by the Other Voices stage about fifty times last year, I kept forgetting it was an actual stage.

For anyone hoping for PJ Harvey it ain't gonna happen, I was looking at the Green Man festival thread in Efestivals and someone asked about PJ Harvey the festival replied or tweeted, "We tried very hard but she's not extending her tour beyond the dates she's announced :( x."

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

For anyone hoping for PJ Harvey it ain't gonna happen, I was looking at the Green Man festival thread in Efestivals and someone asked about PJ Harvey the festival replied or tweeted, "We tried very hard but she's not extending her tour beyond the dates she's announced :( x."

Still might not mean though that's she's got festival dates locked and signed for which could be contract embargoed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement