Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Well that would be even better, I must've walked by the Other Voices stage about fifty times last year, I kept forgetting it was an actual stage.

Shame, you missed out on some great performances then!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The updated longitude line-up is out, 45 new acts, can't upload for some reason, I'm happy enough because there's a few acts on the Latitude line-up I'd like to see at EP (M83, Grimes, Mike Snow, Bob Moses) and I was worried they'd play Longitude (same weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The updated longitude line-up is out, 45 new acts, can't upload for some reason, I'm happy enough because there's a few acts on the Latitude line-up I'd like to see at EP (M83, Grimes, Mike Snow, Bob Moses) and I was worried they'd play Longitude (same weekend)
    What's the story with the two festivals?

Do bands generally/sometimes play both as I would love to see Three Trapped Tigers?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

What's the story with the two festivals?

Do bands generally/sometimes play both as I would love to see Three Trapped Tigers?

I thought they were going to work as sister festivals, a bit like Oxegen and TIP years ago but it they don't, apart from running same weekend and being in close proximity to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is probably the best of the audience captured clips sound quality wise of LCD Soundsystem doing Heroes at the Coachella festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

All subjective I know, but I really don't get the love people have for LCD Soundsystem.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

nocoverart wrote: »
    All subjective I know, but I really don't get the love people have for LCD Soundsystem.

Undo it man;undo it!!!!

There's little in life more subjective than music, don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I'm with you and I've liked them for a long time. I think they're good but I don't get the hype. In fact, I don't recall the hype before they broke up.

I don't know, I can't explain but I just love LCD Soundsystem, lost a bit of interest in them around 2010 but the Coachella performance has put them at number 1 for me, they were by far the best gig I seen that weekend at Coachella on the streams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Can I ask something slightly of topic but still EP relevant? Ive signed up for the 15km run with the Tour de Picnic. I figured if I have to part with €300 for a ticket its better to do it for a charity than line someone else's pocket. So if there is anyone that has done this previously my questions are (a) how challenging is the running route?(b) how much serious training is needed for it to cross the line and still have energy in the tank for 3 days of partying?

deeceemee wrote: »
    Can I ask something slightly of topic but still EP relevant? Ive signed up for the 15km run with the Tour de Picnic. I figured if I have to part with €300 for a ticket its better to do it for a charity than line someone else's pocket. So if there is anyone that has done this previously my questions are (a) how challenging is the running route?(b) how much serious training is needed for it to cross the line and still have energy in the tank for 3 days of partying?

As far as I know or read its from Kildare town to Stradbally so between 25 to 30 kilometres that you run.

Edit: Actually scratch that its 15 KM you run and its actually from Athy you start from. http://give2go.ie/event/437

You dont know Bodhrandude is it through fields or on road?

Fair play to you for finding that. It looks like a nice route anyway. Plenty of fields to rest in along the way lol

So what do you reckon for next announcement, Jagwar Ma, Iggy Pop, M83, Grimes, Radiohead, Eagles of Death metal, The Temper Trap among others.

Iggy Pop and Grimes would make me happy. Id also like to see Odesza or Kraftwerk, Tracy Chapman and Moby(dreaming here there isnt a chance!).

Iggy Pop and Grimes would make me happy. Id also like to see Odesza or Kraftwerk, Tracy Chapman and Moby(dreaming here there isnt a chance!).

The only way you can find if there might be a possibility of said artists is to check their touring schedules, if they are around Europe in late August and first part of September there is a chance they might play. I scooped some of my choice from Rock en Seine the week before EP and Bestival and Lollapalooza Berlin the weekend after EP as these acts might be plausible.

Kraftwerk have a tiny gap in their schedule between the 3-6 Sep. Would be a tall ask though for them to fly back for EP before heading to Atlanta for their show. Still would love a glimpse of their 3D Show, I reckon it reckon it would be something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Much as I would love to see ze Germans, I cannot see that one happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Annie Mac & Jamie xx now scratched from my wish list due to the Longitude announcement. Jagwar Ma would be quality with hopefully new album sounds in tow.

I take it no Despacio tent this year with there being no mention on the line up graphic?

Snarky Snark Snark

Allegedly Despacio is a no-go this year due to his lordships other ongoing concern, but I'd take all things with a pinch of salt until we see a full list of acts

Snarky Snark Snark

2c worth, wouldn't mind white lies @ EP, think they'd be a good fit and are crackin live

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Allegedly Despacio is a no-go this year due to his lordships other ongoing concern, but I'd take all things with a pinch of salt until we see a full list of acts

LCD & Despacio co existed both w'ends at Coachella albeit there is a massive difference in size of the respective festivals. LCD seem to have a free w'end EP apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Annie Mac & Jamie xx now scratched from my wish list due to the Longitude announcement. Jagwar Ma would be quality with hopefully new album sounds in tow.
    Same with Daughter. Would have loved them at the picnic.
    Tago Mago wrote: »
    I take it no Despacio tent this year with there being no mention on the line up graphic?
    EP responded to someone on social media last month to say Despacio wouldn't be back this year.

2c worth, wouldn't mind white lies @ EP, think they'd be a good fit and are crackin live
    They played 5 years ago and were ace.

Despacio aside, a Soulwax live performance and a 2ManyDJs set would be very welcome. I dunno if Soulwax are touring Belgica actually, given the albums concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

We seen loads of people walking it while driving to the gig last year. You can do it at your own pace, so as slow or fast as you want

Thats good to know cause I have a husband and friends here who keep laughing at me every time I suggest we start to train for it. They have no intentions of running it, whereas my logic is run it, get it over with quickly and enjoy the rest of the festival. Fingers crossed for a warm day and it should be a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Synode wrote: »
    We seen loads of people walking it while driving to the gig last year. You can do it at your own pace, so as slow or fast as you want

You saw loads of people walking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

OhHiMark wrote: »
    You saw loads of people walking it.

Their once was a grammer nazi over they're. Nobody cared. The end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement