Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Local Natives from EOTR please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Unless David Byrne was stoney broke, I cannot see what he'd get out of it. The chap seems to revel in new things rather than re-treading old ground.

Well the new album would be new. Seemed to be really enjoying himself on the last tour with St Vincent also.

Would love to see a Talking Heads tour, stop pissing on my chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Melt Yourself Down have a new album out and are playing live dates over the summer .. would be a perfect EP act.

The Shins, Joanna Newsom & Steve Mason would be decent additions from EOTR, although i think Steve Mason my be playing Longitude or Forbidden Fruit??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Bat for Lashes would be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Rumours floating about a Talking Heads reformation, sounds interesting, a possibility for EP 2017 maybe. http://louderthanwar.com/talking-heads-reform/

That'd be unreal still gutted I missed David Byrne in 2013, from all accounts it was something special

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That'd be unreal still gutted I missed David Byrne in 2013, from all accounts it was something special

Yes, yes it was. :D

Yes, yes it was. :D

aw man...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The Shins, Joanna Newsom & Steve Mason would be decent additions from EOTR, although i think Steve Mason my be playing Longitude or Forbidden Fruit??

Decent? They should close off all other stages as a sign of respect if she played.

Other Voices acts are announced tomorrow

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Other Voices acts are announced tomorrow

meh otter voices, smother choices....

i wants rawk music good'n'loud

'murica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Rumours floating about a Talking Heads reformation, sounds interesting, a possibility for EP 2017 maybe. http://louderthanwar.com/talking-heads-reform/

lol.

"I've exhausted all possible speculation for EP 2016 announcements, so I'm just going to get a head start on 2017."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Think I said this before but die antwoord must be a certainty for this. I'd love to see them

Snarky Snark Snark

Not sure about them being a certainty but they'd be a bit of fun.

Snarky Snark Snark

Are there any other festivals left to do their big announcements or is EP the last one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are there any other festivals left to do their big announcements or is EP the last one?

Rock en Seine still has to do their second splurge, Bestival still has to announce a headliner or Big Top headliner, Glastonbury still has a few to announce, Sziget, Pukkelpop and a bunch of others.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Neil from Efestivals posted this about the Talking Heads rumours, this link the guitarist Jerry Harrison and drummer Chris Franz deny that the reformation is happening. Dammit anyways. http://blastecho.com/talking-heads-jerry-harrison-calls-reunion-rumors-false/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i know some people were interested in seeing Todd Terje & The Olsens, they're playing the Dublin City Block Party on 3rd July:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1335184813175274/

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Dragging their arses with this Other Voices announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Not sure if mentioned already but looks likeI Noel g is definitely out now, he's playing Swansea on the Friday as well as that festival in Wales on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Other Voices Returns to Electric Picnic 2016

2nd – 4th September, Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois

… Expect the unexpected, magical performances from friends old and new, songs and tunes for the head and the heart…

First Line Up Announcement:

Le Galaxie | Karl Blau | Saint Sister | Julia Jacklin

Margaret Glaspy | Jalen N’Gonda | Dr. Dog

And many more to be announced over the coming months!

This September, Other Voices will return to the heart of Electric Picnic’s woodland area with an eclectic line up. In keeping with the ethos of Other Voices, festival-goers can expect memorable, intimate, engaging performances from Irish and International artists. Picture a multi-dimensional musical spectrum that will fill you with delight and inspiration. The first few acts are revealed below with more announcements to come over the summer months.

Le Galaxie will make a triumphant return to Other Voices with songs from their infectious second album Le Club. ‘Atmosfolk’ duo Saint Sister will perform magical, minimalist, delicate tunes and rising folk singer-songwriter Julia Jacklin, who set chins wagging at SXSW and will join us all the way from Sydney. NME described Margaret Glaspy as a musician who is ‘pure American muscle’ - her performance is not to be missed. Karl Blau will offer a taster of modern country music and Jalen N’Gonda will enchant festival goers with his tender soulful voice and bluesy arrangements. Finally, American psychedelic rock band Dr. Dog, will bring their energetic, theatrical show to the Other Voices stage.

Over the last few years musical guests at Other Voices Electric Picnic have included Hozier, Villagers, St. Vincent, Annie Mac, The Staves, Glen Hansard, East India Youth and many, many more. For highlights and much more keep an eye on Other Voices social media pages; Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Copied and pasted from the PR email.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Much as I expected - Other Voices tends to overlap heavily from the main lineup, in that a lot of artists will play an arena stage and then another gig at the Other Voices stage. Suspect that they can't release the names of a lot of acts they'll have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fairly small announcement. Le Galaxie are always great though. Where is the Other Voices stage again?

13120022_10154165994969168_6368425951767201599_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Synode wrote: »
    Fairly small announcement. Le Galaxie are always great though. Where is the Other Voices stage again?

It was a small wooden church in the woods last year

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Hopefully there is a main announcement to follow, either tomorrow, or early next week

I like Dr Dog will have to mosey on over to give them a look

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned already but looks likeI Noel g is definitely out now, he's playing Swansea on the Friday as well as that festival in Wales on the Sunday.

So that means Saturday is still open for him.

Snarky Snark Snark

So that means Saturday is still open for him.

yeah, he's gonna do a poetry reading duet with Aphex Twin.

yeah, he's gonna do a poetry reading duet with Aphex Twin.

You are from the EP forum too, aren't you, my Aphex facebook campaign to get him to the Picnic is at 829 members so still haven't made it to the magic 1,000 mark as yet, haven't went near it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

You are from the EP forum too, aren't you, my Aphex facebook campaign to get him to the Picnic is at 829 members so still haven't made it to the magic 1,000 mark as yet, haven't went near it for a while.

Is it still going? Should be renamed "bunch of friends who used to go to EP, and now just moan about the lineup and make in-jokes about each other..." Amazed that EP leave that up, it's a terrible forum. The last place you would go to get useful information about EP. Newbies get a hard time in there.

Edit: I should say though that a few of the more decent folk from there are also in here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement