Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You are from the EP forum too, aren't you, my Aphex facebook campaign to get him to the Picnic is at 829 members so still haven't made it to the magic 1,000 mark as yet, haven't went near it for a while.

The who with the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The who with the what now?

Well my reasoning is that Wales is only across the water from Ireland, it could be plausible that Noel Gallagher and entourage could make the appointment on Saturday at Electric Picnic by simply flying over or sailing over to Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Well my reasoning is that Wales is only across the water from Ireland, it could be plausible that Noel Gallagher and entourage could make the appointment on Saturday at Electric Picnic by simply flying over or sailing over to Ireland.

As much as I'd like to see him hard to imagine him doing Wales-picnic-Wales. You'd imagine he'd do two Wales in a row then here or vice versa

Snarky Snark Snark

Plus he's in Belfast not too long before also.

Plus he's in Belfast not too long before also.

Ah right, forgot that, so Ireland sort of covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

You are from the EP forum too, aren't you, my Aphex facebook campaign to get him to the Picnic is at 829 members so still haven't made it to the magic 1,000 mark as yet, haven't went near it for a while.

Is it still going? Should be renamed "bunch of friends who used to go to EP, and now just moan about the lineup and make in-jokes about each other..." Amazed that EP leave that up, it's a terrible forum. The last place you would go to get useful information about EP. Newbies get a hard time in there.

Edit: I should say though that a few of the more decent folk from there are also in here.
    No we're not.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No we're not.

Ah I seen what you done there, its my bad English. You post in the EP forum you don't live there.

Snarky Snark Snark

Don't post there, had forgotten EP even had its own little forum.

Anyway, anyone here got any connections at all with the crew running the festival shindig with half a rumour as to when we'll hear owt?

Or could we be very lucky and theyre waiting on a certain band to drop their latest lp before announcing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Don't post there, had forgotten EP even had its own little forum.

Anyway, anyone here got any connections at all with the crew running the festival shindig with half a rumour as to when we'll hear owt?

Or could we be very lucky and theyre waiting on a certain band to drop their latest lp before announcing it?

Here's hoping ... That new single is a total cracker.

Will be interesting to see what's on the next announcement considering that the festival is sold out and there is little motivation to drum up interest. I don't expect a large reduction in quality as that would be bad for next year, but it might be a bit 'meh'...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Will be interesting to see what's on the next announcement considering that the festival is sold out and there is little motivation to drum up interest. I don't expect a large reduction in quality as that would be bad for next year, but it might be a bit 'meh'...

Thought we would get something this week but guess we will have to wait another week or two. I also have a feeling it could be a little bit 'meh' as you put it but guaranteed to be some good stuff in there, the last two years the 2nd announcement has been pretty good IMO. I would definitely think there are still 2 sub headliner slots to be filled on the main stage, which will probably come out in the next announcement.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

It really is isint it, was very pleasantly surprised.

If they are indeed booked there is a chance that Thom Yorke could probably do a solo set in the Other Voices too.

No we're not.

Ah I seen what you done there, its my bad English. You post in the EP forum you don't live there.
    I was actually disagreeing with PabloandRoy that any of us are decent.

Snarky Snark Snark

I try to be indecent at every opportunity.

I would imagine that James Blake would be a possibility for September. Has announced a couple US dates for later this month, brand new album and all that.

I missed him the last time he played ...

so all we want is Radiohead, James Blake, Die Antwoord,* Mogwai and nonkeen (maybe thats just me).

Come on EP .. make it all happen!

*ffs

Snarky Snark Snark

Mogwai? but but my ears still have not recovered from last time they played...
    I would imagine that James Blake would be a possibility for September. Has announced a couple US dates for later this month, brand new album and all that.

I keep mixing his name up with James Blunt, let's hope the bookers don't make the same mistake.
    (or maybe lets hope they do, his twatter feed is utter gold)

CJffAX7W8AEmxQP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I keep mixing his name up with James Blunt, let's hope the bookers don't make the same mistake.
    (or maybe lets hope they do, his twatter feed is utter gold)

Despite all his faults musically, he seems sound and is pretty funny...maybe a stand-up show instead where he takes the piss out of hecklers for an hour?

Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Despite all his faults musically, he seems sound and is pretty funny...maybe a stand-up show instead where he takes the piss out of hecklers for an hour?

I would actually go see that.

Well that was a bit of a paltry announcement for last week, they really are dragging out this second announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Well that was a bit of a paltry announcement for last week, they really are dragging out this second announcement.

Pretty standard for Other Voices. They'll add another few from the festival line up itself so probably couldn't announce them now.

It was an odd choice for the second announcement, though. How long is it since the main one? I know the festival sold out so they don't have any worries in that regard, but a second proper announcement would give a nice jolt of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

i find it amusing all the people writing "lineup" under any post made by EP on their facebook page. The line-up probably has been mostly announced with the rest of the bands coming from the circuit that is out there already on all the european festivals (unfortunately minus those who are on longitude) not too sure what people are expecting, a load of brilliant bands completely out of left field?

Snarky Snark Snark

srm23 wrote: »
    not too sure what people are expecting

There's got to be a set of sub headliners to fill the main stage from 5-9 in the evening, i don't think we've seen all those, we also need to see who's going to be headlining in the EA over the weekend.

They've announced a decent start alright but it does need a lot of fleshing and as already pointed out, there's nothing to cater to the dancey dancey crowd yet with zero mention of the Red Bull arena thingy (not my bag but it is for a lot attending).

Snarky Snark Snark

Aye, was that not called the RB Arena or was it something else?

Maybe they'll get a more appropriate sponsor for it, like a chemical company.

"The creators of Heroin present The Bayer Rave in the woods"

"The Lidl Alcohol Dance Spectacular"

Note : I am not talking to meself here, Synode you git, you deleted your post.

srm23 wrote: »
    i find it amusing all the people writing "lineup" under any post made by EP on their facebook page. The line-up probably has been mostly announced with the rest of the bands coming from the circuit that is out there already on all the european festivals (unfortunately minus those who are on longitude) not too sure what people are expecting, a load of brilliant bands completely out of left field?

They announced 28 acts in the first round and 7 more since, what would festival punters do for the four or five hours without music each day, huh! srm23 there is a lot more to come, believe me.

Obviously there's much more to be announced but they won't be mega stars. Look around the other summer fests for a good indication of what's available, then scale back your expectations from the headliners.

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm not expecting a mega star/band. I think blur announced in May last year was a once off but I would be looking for bands of the size of suede to be added, the type who would normally have a good audience in the Olympia rather than the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThrillCosby

Gutted I missed out on a ticket. Usually some become available closer the time from people who cant make it. Fingers crossed

Obviously there's much more to be announced but they won't be mega stars. Look around the other summer fests for a good indication of what's available, then scale back your expectations from the headliners.

Well Lana Del Ray definitely isn't a headliner and the Chemical Brothers is an after headliner so there is space for two headliners yet in that line up, Lana played to about 2,000 people in the Marquee Cork on her last visit to Ireland that dosen't sound like a headliner status crowd.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well Lana Del Ray definitely isn't a headliner.

Think you are very wrong there. Very very wrong, have a look at the list of those who played the Marquee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Marquee_(festival)

There are several who would be more than top tier headliners but we're not going to get them.

She might not appeal to you but in terms of what's out there at the moment, she's top drawer material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement