Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

TrenchTrek : to boldly go where no spelling has ever gone before...

Prof. Ruff Chuff sounds right durty, esp next to the rub a dub crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was reading that list and thinking I was officially out of touch with new music because I didn't recognise any of the bands....then I realised it was Trenchtown area. :o

Snarky Snark Snark

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was reading that list and thinking I was officially out of touch with new music because I didn't recognise any of the bands....then I realised it was Trenchtown area. :o

my first reaction was that it was a pisstake with the names, thought cian finn was a boyzone/pop tart type name....

then saw trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Who gives a **** about trenchtown? And still no mention of the RBMA stage, im starting to get worried, where am i going to go to chew the jaw off myself at 3 in the morning?

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Who gives a **** about trenchtown? And still no mention of the RBMA stage, im starting to get worried, where am i going to go to chew the jaw off myself at 3 in the morning?

GVS6Ey

I'm sure they'll have something, it's too big an attraction to dump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Word is RBMA are moving into the main arena

Other voices last week, trenchtown this week, hopefully a main announcement next week

Snarky Snark Snark

source? they'd have to do a good bit of jiggery pokery for that in layout I would have thought?

source? they'd have to do a good bit of jiggery pokery for that in layout I would have thought?

Can't really say but have heard from someone who would know. Also heard it's going to be more funky/disco. Moving away from the tech house sound. Not sure how that would work as it will be too similar to CASA I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ajo Arkestra are worth checking out from that Trenchtown list.

Anyone got any more recommendations? Need more music up on this bitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Can't really say but have heard from someone who would know. Also heard it's going to be more funky/disco. Moving away from the tech house sound. Not sure how that would work as it will be too similar to CASA I would have thought.
    they already have that at Longitude so it wouldn't be that much of a leap.

having said that, outdoor stages in the arena as they all finish at midnight, presumably for noise reasons, so can't see them going past that either.
    so there'd have to be something going until late in the woods still, otherwise B&S and the campsites would be chaos with nothing else for people to do.

even if they were moving you'd expect them on the poster though, Casa Bacardi is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

So no rave in the woods? :( Hopefully there will be still something similar like the RBMA in the woods, was great, i loved going there later in the night for a dance :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think I said this already, but they should give the woods over to the locals to run - the forest stages at Body and Soul (the festival) were absolutely tremendous, I think Mother had a fantastic setup there that was a hell of a lot of fun.

andreac wrote: »
    So no rave in the woods? :( Hopefully there will be still something similar like the RBMA in the woods, was great, i loved going there later in the night for a dance :cool:

No idea if the rave is on or not. I'd Imagine they will find someone else to curate it, similar to before RBMA arrived on scene a few years ago. Though hopefully no return to Psytrance. Personally I'd love to see a few different irish club promoters come together to do a different night each over weekend. Mother on the Sunday. Hidden Agenda the Saturday etc

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think I said this already, but they should give the woods over to the locals to run

Yc1fLR

legger.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

they already have that at Longitude so it wouldn't be that much of a leap.

having said that, outdoor stages in the arena as they all finish at midnight, presumably for noise reasons, so can't see them going past that either.
    so there'd have to be something going until late in the woods still, otherwise B&S and the campsites would be chaos with nothing else for people to do.

even if they were moving you'd expect them on the poster though, Casa Bacardi is there...

Chic started their set at 00:45 two years ago,
    and i was defo in Casa Bacardi way later than midnight
    on Friday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

srm23 wrote: »
    Chic started their set at 00:45 two years ago,
    and i was defo in Casa Bacardi way later than midnight
    on Friday last year.

Yep, tourist only started on like the Cosby stage after 1 last year after 1 and Shamir was on the B&S main stage at 3 on the Saturday and mother played the earthship stage until about 3/4 on the Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I was at that show. She was sick and performing before Foals - the entire crowd seemed to consist of Foals fans who were chatting over her. And, because she was sick, she couldn't raise her voice to perform properly either.

Have seen her since and while she's quite particular with the crowd, she is an excellent musician and performer.
    Ah, hadn't realised she was ill, that explains her weak voice. I only caught part of the set. She seemed really unhappy and the crowd were awful. It'd be nice to see an EP crowd give her a good reception and rectify that previous behaviour in Sept.

I was at that show. She was sick and performing before Foals - the entire crowd seemed to consist of Foals fans who were chatting over her. And, because she was sick, she couldn't raise her voice to perform properly either.

Have seen her since and while she's quite particular with the crowd, she is an excellent musician and performer.
    Ah, hadn't realised she was ill, that explains her weak voice. I only caught part of the set. She seemed really unhappy and the crowd were awful. It'd be nice to see an EP crowd give her a good reception and rectify that previous behaviour in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »

I'd say she would suit the Body & Soul area myself, there are quieter stages in that part but Body & Soul main stage would be a good spot for her.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think I said this already, but they should give the woods over to the locals to run - the forest stages at Body and Soul (the festival) were absolutely tremendous, I think Mother had a fantastic setup there that was a hell of a lot of fun.
    No idea if the rave is on or not. I'd Imagine they will find someone else to curate it, similar to before RBMA arrived on scene a few years ago. Though hopefully no return to Psytrance. Personally I'd love to see a few different irish club promoters come together to do a different night each over weekend. Mother on the Sunday. Hidden Agenda the Saturday etc

Agree that would be a brilliant idea if they done that with the local promoters. Apart from maybe 1 headliner a night the rest of the acts down in the RBMA are usually Irish DJs anyway so it wouldn't be that big of a change. As ghostdancer said it would be carnage everywhere else if the woods didn't have some kind of late night dance music going on as there would be way too many people in the arena/campsites.

I'd say she would suit the Body & Soul area myself, there are quieter stages in that part but Body & Soul main stage would be a good spot for her.
    Absolutely ideal for her. Alas she's far too big an act for there. Last time I saw her was on a Sunday afternoon at the main stage at Glasto 2011 and she pulled 50,000-60,000 punters. For EP she's main stage early evening or Electric Arena later. Here's hoping she's louder and given more respect if she returns. And as you say there's a possibility of a second set at the Body & Soul. Matthew E White did it, Glass Animals and probably several others.

Laura Marling announced as a headliner for Green Man festival (three weeks before EP), could she be added to EP also.
    A lot of other decent acts at that fest that I'd be happy to see. Historically not much crossover with Green Man but we could see some of Grandaddy, Gengahr, Beak>, Jagwar Ma, King Gizzard, Kamasi Washington, Songhoy Blues, Connan Mockasin, Malcolm Middleton, Blanck Mass, Lush, Cate Le Bon, etc. A lot of great artists doing the circuit and it'd be nice to hear some more names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What time does/did the RMBA finish at? I'm usually a bit worse for wear at that stage.

The main arena does close up around 3 or 4? might be different times depending on the night, the litter pickers (hundreds of them) form a solid line across the width and do a sweep while kicking everyone out.

Snarky Snark Snark

Think it's around 4ish? Wandered down there for the first time last year and it was pumping away at around 3 I think.

Its 4am.

Stone Roses in with a shout? New album on the way soon. I'm convinced there's one headliner still to be announced like Blur last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its 4am.

Stone Roses in with a shout? New album on the way soon. I'm convinced there's one headliner still to be announced like Blur last year.

Very slim chance since they are playing Marlay Park and have yet to sell it out

The main arena is already jammers. Unless they get rid of that huge Heineken thing or the stupid E lites area. But having in the trees was what was kinda cool. If it's just another tent it'll lose its charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The main arena is already jammers. Unless they get rid of that huge Heineken thing or the stupid E lites area. But having in the trees was what was kinda cool. If it's just another tent it'll lose its charm.

If they set up something that replaced the main carnival area kinda like an Arcadia set up it could be quite cool or perhaps they will use the marquee that housed Despacio last year. As far as I know the marquee is EP property formally the Little Big Tent from two years ago.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Any idea when they usually announce the day by day breakdown of the headliners?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement