Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Extraplus wrote: »
    Any idea when they usually announce the day by day breakdown of the headliners?

Thanks

They'll probably do it when they announce the next tranche of acts. Maybe in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks

I don't think we got that until much closer to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Thanks

Wasn't it only the Wednesday before that the breakdown was announced last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Wasn't it only the Wednesday before that the breakdown was announced last year?

Was it that close? I know the timetable is only released then, but I thought they confirmed which days the headliners were playing before that.

I can't make the whole weekend and need to decide soon what days to take off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Was it that close? I know the timetable is only released then, but I thought they confirmed which days the headliners were playing before that.

I can't make the whole weekend and need to decide soon what days to take off :(

Ah yeah was remembering it wrong. Was it August maybe that the daily breakdown was released? Either way it's aaaages away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from looking at last year's thread, we only knew day breakdowns when the app was released last year (31st August).
    there were breakdown/times for a few stages put up on the Irish Times site that day too:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/exclusive-electric-picnic-2015-main-stage-times-1.2333790

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Very slim chance since they are playing Marlay Park and have yet to sell it out

Id love to see them in Marley park but decided against it, the ticket price really pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Id love to go to Marley park to see them but decided against it, the ticket price really pissed me off.

I'd nearly guarantee you'll pick up cheap tickets on Toutless, if you time it right..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would be nice if there was some form of Bowie/Prince tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Would be nice if there was some form of Bowie/Prince tribute.

If Trinity Orchestra or someone like that is playing, they might do a specific tribute. But, I'd expect a lot of the artists to do them spontaneously too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Id love to see them in Marley park but decided against it, the ticket price really pissed me off.

I was the same but caved and got one. Can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Super Furry Animals have listed themselves as playing on Fri 2nd for EP(Sun 4th for Festival No. 6). Hopefully in the Electric Arena, don't think the main stage suited them when i saw them in 2006 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Super Furry Animals have listed themselves as playing on Fri 2nd for EP(Sun 4th for Festival No. 6). Hopefully in the Electric Arena, don't think the main stage suited them when i saw them in 2006 i think.

The Electric Arena or the Rankin Woods stage I'd say.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahpetzz

Does anyone think there's a chance The Prodigy will play this year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahpetzz

Red Bull Stage Line Up? suggestions?
    Sunil Sharpe this year??

sarahpetzz wrote: »

Still could be a possibilty, they are playing in Italy on Friday at Home festival, although I think the Chems would be nailed for the late night Saturday act, Prodigy would work great as a late night Saturday act too, perhaps the Chems will close out Sunday night like they did at Longitude last year.

http://www.theprodigy.com/live/

Snarky Snark Snark

I would have pegged the Chemical Bros as closing out on Friday night.

I would have pegged the Chemical Bros as closing out on Friday night.

Yeah I suppose kinda like the way Fat Boy slim closed on the main stage on Friday 2013 and Underworld last year.

Snarky Snark Snark

Didn't the prodigy play here last year?

Didn't the prodigy play here last year?

Naw it was Underworld.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Here as in Ireland

Here as in Ireland

Yes, we are talking about Friday nights at EP, Underworld closed the main stage on Friday at EP in Ireland. :)

Snarky Snark Snark

No we are not, they played the point last year and cork the year before.

Ah here Scruff you are confusing the fcuk out of me, one minute we are talking about EP and next you are talking about standalone gigs nationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sarahpetzz wrote: »
    Hope not. Last two albums were ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ah here Scruff you are confusing the fcuk out of me, one minute we are talking about EP and next you are talking about standalone gigs nationally.

He's probably pointing out that the fact that they've played other gigs in Ireland recently reduces the chances of them playing at EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sarah nearly derailed the thread! Anyway no hope for The Prodigy with Chem Bros already headlining. No way they'll book 2 dancey electronic acts as headiners. I kinda hope the do though so I can read the outraged comments on the EP facebook page, always gives me a laugh so it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The Electric Arena or the Rankin Woods stage I'd say.
    You reckon it's the end of the piecemeal Friday nights and we get all the stages back? Makes sense with 55,000 heading there this year after a low of approx 25,000 in 2012. It'd be pretty tight of Festival Republic to keep the first night scaled down.

Also what chance Squeeze being announced for the Friday after their Sat & Sun gigs in Vicar St and Belfast sell out?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You reckon it's the end of the piecemeal Friday nights and we get all the stages back? Makes sense with 55,000 heading there this year after a low of approx 25,000 in 2012. It'd be pretty tight of Festival Republic to keep the first night scaled down.

Also what chance Squeeze being announced for the Friday after their Sat & Sun gigs in Vicar St and Belfast sell out?

I actually can't remember if Rankin Woods was opened on Friday, yeah Squeeze would be a good shout, some classic hits, another classic group doing the rounds around late August in Europe is 10CC who would also be a nice fit and a classic back catalogue of hits although Godley and Creme haven't been involved for yonks now but they would still be an interesting act. Can you imagine Dreadlock Holiday ringing around the arena.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ride played rankin wood on Friday last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement