Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with pc after installing new fan

Options
  • 07-09-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So I have a fx6300 cpu and was using the stock cooler for ages then I decided to upgrade to a cooler master 212 hyper Evo... Installed it no bother thermal compound and everything, followed a tutorial on YouTube, now the pc turns on with q black screen and my mouse/keyboard with no lights on, however the fans in the pc are running fine including the cpu fan and gpu fans... Wondering if anyone can help me, plus I tried loosening the screws on the heatsink and still no luck

Thanks in advance,
    Darren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did you remove the cpu to clean the old paste from it?

Try reseating the cpu anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dazzer96

Wheety wrote: »
    Did you remove the cpu to clean the old paste from it?

Try reseating the cpu anyway.

when I removed the old heatsink the xpu was stuck to it so I had to apply some heat to the heatsink to get it off, I then wiped away some of the paste(wasn't much) with a cloth.. will have a go at reseating thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

dazzer96 wrote: »
    when I removed the old heatsink the cpu was stuck to it so I had to apply some heat to the heatsink to get it off, I then wiped away some of the paste(wasn't much) with a cloth.. will have a go at reseating thanks

Un-seat and re-seat the cpu again as was mentioned and then go into your bios settings and cmos program utility and check that all settings are correct. If they are not, correct them or just restore the bios default settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Check to make sure you didn't damage or bend pins, that's one major drawback to AMD CPU's amongst other things and it does happen regularly enough when people are moving their processors - they end up ripping them out accidentally when removing the cooler.

They're far more susceptible to damage than Intel's processors which are pinless. Hopefully re-seating it will solve the issue.

Advertisement