Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bore for water

Options
  • 07-09-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of buying a rural house which isn't fully completed. One of the items left includes the sinking of a well. What amount would you budget this job at when calculating the cost of finishing the house?

Thanks,

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭PROJECT K

depends on a lot of local factors, I paid €3200 for boring a well 61m deep - this does not include submersible pump, treatment, analysis etc etc. Quotes didn't vary a lot but for a full package the contractors were looking for over 5k. I have contacts who can look after the pump etc so just got the well bored at this stage...

There is always the risk of no water (or poor quality/volume). The deeper you go, the more likely you will have hard water so you will need to treat this to save your kettles etc! Contamination is another risk - if there are other wells close by they can give a good indication of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

BarraOG wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of buying a rural house which isn't fully completed. One of the items left includes the sinking of a well. What amount would you budget this job at when calculating the cost of finishing the house?

Thanks,

Barry
    Budget 5k including pump and pressure vessel and hope for less.

Advertisement