Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which bank is best?

• 07-09-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Which bank offers best rates etc for a Normal current account.?

I've been with aib since 1998 and my fees are around 25 -30 euro per quarter.
    Is this normal?
    I had a referral fee of 5.15 in it the other day and I'm getting a little sick of it now!

I never asked them for overdraft facility but I would presume there maybe better accounts available.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

PTSB currently offer a current account with no day-to-day banking fees provided you deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month. It is the best deal on the market at the moment.

There are rumours that this offer will end soon for new customers but not existing customers. Hence, you may have a short window to open an account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Great thanks for that.
    However I'm just after cuttin down my hours working 60 hrs per month as opposed to 102
    So hence me looking for the best deal as things getting tighter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

AIB won't charge any fees if you keep at least €2500 on your account.

Ulsterbank might be an option with €4 per month fees (so €12 quarterly) - would come much cheaper than AIB.

Permanent TSB offer only interesting if you always have €1500 deposited into the account per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Ok great does the 1500 have to be one deposit thou or a few deposits??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

monflat wrote: »
    Ok great does the 1500 have to be one deposit thou or a few deposits??

Can be even 1500 of €1 if you wish.

Also it doesn't matter where it's coming from and if it's coming back.
    So technically speaking, you could having no income, and only €10 on your account, transfer this €10 to your friends account, and then ask friend to transfer this €10 back to you. This will already by accounted as €10 credited to the account.
    If you repeat that step 150 times during the month, you are sorted for no fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

I believe it may even count if you transfer money from another PTSB account to your current account - eg from a savings account

Advertisement