Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Is it unlimited transfers every week from now on? If so, the subs are pretty pointless from here onwards.

not if a player gets injured in a warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

aimee1 wrote: »
    not if a player gets injured in a warm up

Well, aside from something out of the ordinary we'll know who starts.

Well, aside from something out of the ordinary we'll know who starts.

yeah but deadline is the time of the first qf, so at least you have some backup

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Right, team done.

I had planned on spending ages analysing stats and what not but in the end I just made sure they were in the starting 15 and went with gut feeling.

Right, team done.

I had planned on spending ages analysing stats and what not but in the end I just made sure they were in the starting 15 and went with gut feeling.

Second guessing, changing wingers, changing them back, changing captain... hurry up deadline.

Should I take a punt on Madigan????

Second guessing, changing wingers, changing them back, changing captain... hurry up deadline.

Should I take a punt on Madigan????

I'm the same, think I have my team now but I'm stuck between Nonu and Henshaw. Hard to pick a captain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just got mine done in time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Stheno wrote: »
    I just got mine done in time :)

You've got 2 Canadians on your bench still :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    You've got 2 Canadians on your bench still :)

FFS!

edit: i checked I don't seem to?

• Advertisement

FFS!

edit: i checked I don't seem to?

I may have hopped a ball.......you may have jumped higher than my missus when she sees a spider
    ;);)

I changed my team so many times I can't tell if I've already scored a bunch of points or not.

I changed my team so many times I can't tell if I've already scored a bunch of points or not.

Opted for foley, misses a shed load of kicks :(

Opted for foley, misses a shed load of kicks :(

Same :(

Plus side I've got Mitchell :D:D

I think....

Had Foley too, but also Mitchell and Hooper captain.

Bench did great though, Biggar, Senatore, Seymour, Laidlaw, Moroni...

I have two teams on the go and I made so many changes up until the deadline that I can't remember who is on what team. Don't think I did too great on either one though.

I have two teams on the go and I made so many changes up until the deadline that I can't remember who is on what team. Don't think I did too great on either one though.

not as many try scorers this week

dropped laidlaw and used foley as kicker. big mistake.

you extended your lead at the top, if only i had savea and not NMS as captain :mad:

you extended your lead at the top, if only i had savea and not NMS as captain :mad:

I had NMS as my captain but somebody else must have scored big for me.

My other team is 4th :D but you can ignore that one for this league.

I was hoping to win the one off QF league that Madigan set up to get the signed jersey but I was only 13th :( If only I'd had Mitchell as captain instead of NMS!

Ugh! Biggar scored 17 on my bench, Foley only scored 9, only decision I regret.

• Advertisement

I had NMS as my captain but somebody else must have scored big for me.

My other team is 4th :D but you can ignore that one for this league.

I was hoping to win the one off QF league that Madigan set up to get the signed jersey but I was only 13th :( If only I'd had Mitchell as captain instead of NMS!

Ugh! Biggar scored 17 on my bench, Foley only scored 9, only decision I regret.

think you have the boards league won. unless you pick up 4-5 red cards at the weekend

think you have the boards league won. unless you pick up 4-5 red cards at the weekend

How much of that is down to my brilliance and how much of it is down to 90% of people involved giving up? :D

I think I'm winning one league with an actual prize, mainly because only 5 people entered it. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

How much of that is down to my brilliance and how much of it is down to 90% of people involved giving up? :D

I think I'm winning one league with an actual prize, mainly because only 5 people entered it. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

still a good few still involved looking at the scores. a lot of the picks this week were fairly obvious and will be again this week

im third in a few leagues with prizes but am 30-40 points behind so no chance of catching up.

still a good few still involved looking at the scores. a lot of the picks this week were fairly obvious and will be again this week

im third in a few leagues with prizes but am 30-40 points behind so no chance of catching up.

Yeah I reckon this weekend most teams will consist of the same players so the points differences shouldn't fluctuate that much. We shouldn't have sent the Argies to train with the reserves this week. :(

Yeah I reckon this weekend most teams will consist of the same players so the points differences shouldn't fluctuate that much. We shouldn't have sent the Argies to train with the reserves this week. :(

hard to pick 25 players from 4 countries when limited to 5 from each country

hard to pick 25 players from 4 countries when limited to 5 from each country

Ha!

I assume they'll change the quota again?

• Advertisement

Ha!

I assume they'll change the quota again?

would assume so. or else cut it down to 15 players only because you can pick when the teams are announced

Just looking at the leagues there and the same team is winning every single one with a prize. Do you think they'll give him all the prizes? Seems a bit unfair.

Just looking at the leagues there and the same team is winning every single one with a prize. Do you think they'll give him all the prizes? Seems a bit unfair.

Can't see how they can do anything but give him every prize.

Wasn't well thought out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

If it was you that was winning all the leagues I'm sure you wouldn't mind as much, I know I wouldn't :)

Honestly though that's why I entered so many leagues in the hope that I'd win the prizes, half of them I don't really care about. The ones I'm most interested in are this one and the one we run at work

Maybe they should have put something in the T&C about prizes, like if you win all the leagues you get first choice of which prize you want and then the other leagues the prize goes to 2nd place. Then again it's the same person in 2nd on all the leagues so you've got the same issue.

The weekly leagues are a good idea, more chance of different people winning stuff that way.

• Advertisement

I see they've changed it to 7 per team.

Is the deadline Saturday again?

Is the deadline Saturday again?

4pm sat

SF selection. Hope they fix the bugs for the 6n

SF selection. Hope they fix the bugs for the 6n

WC has been better than previous 6N so hopefully they'll have gotten it all worked out by next 6N.

I've almost found it harder to pick a team this week with less to choose from. Very aware of most people probably ending up with 90% the same players so do I go risky or play safe? Putting way too much thought into it :D

Also quite hard to fill the subs this week because everyone is so expensive!

Has to be de jager over etzebeth.

I've gone with nothing but NZ and Aus from 9-15 (5 ABs!), 1-8 is a nice mix of all 4 I only have 1 Argie in my whole team though. Took the risk of Pocock captain, hoping the fitness rumours are mind games.

I've gone with nothing but NZ and Aus from 9-15 (5 ABs!), 1-8 is a nice mix of all 4 I only have 1 Argie in my whole team though. Took the risk of Pocock captain, hoping the fitness rumours are mind games.

I was working off the idea of Aus/RSA in the forwards, NZ/ARG in the backs. Made so many changes though I've no idea what I ended up with.

Shocking week so far, I think. Most of my team haven't even played the full 80 :(

Need Mitchell to grab a hat trick here.

Shocking week so far, I think. Most of my team haven't even played the full 80 :(

I had AAC all the way thru the tourney and was going to drop him... Glad I didn't :)

• Advertisement

unless someone close to you have AAC as captain i think your safe enough

Pocock captain should do well. In general I wouldn't say I did great though.

Points seem to have been updated but my team is now showing up as last week's team with Irish, Welsh etc. in it. It was showing the proper team earlier?

Points seem to have been updated but my team is now showing up as last week's team with Irish, Welsh etc. in it. It was showing the proper team earlier?

im 0.2 ahead of you now :)

and only 8.9 from top spot

im 0.2 ahead of you now :)

and only 8.9 from top spot

I had a dreadful week. Had Sanchez at 10 until the last minute. Idiot :(

I had a dreadful week. Had Sanchez at 10 until the last minute. Idiot :(

i had sanchez in my team and pocock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Same here. Last round team scores while my actual round team is ready for the final round :confused:?

Shame about all these bugs and the weird scoring system. The game has great potential but in my opinion it's still a beta version as it is.

iroced wrote: »
    Same here. Last round team scores while my actual round team is ready for the final round :confused:?

Shame about all these bugs and the weird scoring system. The game has great potential but in my opinion it's still a beta version as it is.

Just another failure on Ian Madigan's part. If Johnny Sexton was behind this venture it'd be smooth sailing.

Just another failure on Ian Madigan's part. If Johnny Sexton was behind this venture it'd be smooth sailing.

a failure that sees points updated today. Your back on top and have a decent cushion now. Cannot see you being caught

• Advertisement

a failure that sees points updated today. Your back on top and have a decent cushion now. Cannot see you being caught

I hope the one off SF league didn't send out the prize until they'd updated the points :D

I'm 110 points clear in the Impact Gum Shield League so I might have won a t-shirt signed be a couple of players. Not too shabby.

I'd love this game if they got all the bugs fixed and did it for some of the other tournaments. Maybe not the full year long leagues but even the European Cups.

Advertisement