Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Scythica wrote: »
    On the my team page theres a little C and K top left of players shirt. Click on one of those players and you can switch.

Wont lie, my captians Savea, double points!

Am I being really thick here? I don't have players shirts I've got team crests and none of them have a C or a K beside them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Am I being really thick here? I don't have players shirts I've got team crests and none of them have a C or a K beside them?

No you're not, the previous poster should've said crests rather than shirts, though it's an easy mistake to make.

If you look at Molloys team you can see the "c" beside Mike Brown click on that on your team.

Also Molloy you appear to be missing a kicker

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

b.gud wrote: »
    No you're not, the previous poster should've said crests rather than shirts, though it's an easy mistake to make.

If you look at Molloys team you can see the "c" beside Mike Brown click on that on your team.

Also Molloy you appear to be missing a kicker

Changed it since taking that screenshot, just wasn't arsed taking another screenhshot. Biggar is my kicker, North my captain.

Yeah, I've definitely got no letters next to anyone. I'm thinking I've either got rid of whoever I picked initially or they're on the subs. Bit annoying the letters don't show up beside them unless they're in the starting 15. I can't remember who I picked and now the site is playing up. I shall keep trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Question - when you were picking your team originally was there a bit where you picked a captain and goal kicker?

I can't seem to find it now and can't remember who I picked, or even if it was in this game or another one?

Yes you pick captain and goalkicker. Can't remember at which point, think it is when saving your team selection

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Ah sorry yeah its crests. I can't load up the site while in work.

Yeah it took hours for it to update my team. I just ended up redoing the changes 3-4 times and then it actually updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I hope my captain Julian Savea is selected against Namibia and Georgia. He could score a bezillion points.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yes you pick captain and goalkicker. Can't remember at which point, think it is when saving your team selection

Yeah I remember doing it when I picked the side initially but there doesn't seem to be anyone down as captain or kicker now. I've tried putting all the subs into the starting 15 to see if it was one of them I chose but no joy their either. Surely if you transferred out the guy you'd initially picked there should be some other way of picking someone, you don't just lose the ability to have a captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

This is the team I've gone for. Relatively happy with it.

LPbujA8.jpg

OSI wrote: »
    Can't even get the damn site to load. I need to tinker with my lineup dammit!

Had that problem just there myself and now I'm in the team isn't the team I selected....WTF!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I'm leaving Fofanna in, my first 15 is not bad...subs are a bit rubbish

I guess we're gonna have to wait til tomorrow for the Arg and NZ lineups

Is there an argument for switching to a different site, I've my team done and I like the concept, but the website could become a real headache moving forward.

Is there an argument for switching to a different site, I've my team done and I like the concept, but the website could become a real headache moving forward.

I've looked at a few other sites and they don't seem to have a salary cap, you just pick whoever you want which makes it a bit too easy. By all means though if anyone wants to find and start another one, go ahead.

So this is kind of what I'm going with now. Not sure I trust the site enough to make any changes tomorrow. Wales team announced at 12 noon.

Can someone just confirm for me I'm not going mad, there is no K or C icon next to any players there.

362777.png

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

I cant find any player that I had previously transferred out. Anybody else notice this?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I cant find any player that I had previously transferred out. Anybody else notice this?:confused:

Yep, wanted to put Kriel back in and he's missing. Site is acting up. I'll go back tonight.

My team,

I have no idea who all will be starting or not and am driving to Cardiff after work tomorrow so hopefully it'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Tech help 101 didnt work! Signed out and back in again and still cant find him :( Will try again later. This is all consuming and incredibly frustrating but I love it

• Advertisement

I'm quite disappointed their site is still having so much trouble. I played it during the 6 Nations and they had a fair few issues but I thought given they had a big "relaunch" for the WC that they'd have fixed the bugs, apparently not.

Tech help 101 didnt work! Signed out and back in again and still cant find him :( Will try again later. This is all consuming and incredibly frustrating but I love it

Try this, as something similar worked for me.
    Change one of your centers, sub or main team it shouldn't matter.
    Save the changes.
    Then select the make transfer button again and you should see Kriel

Still can't find my captain or kicker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fantasy Rugger

Hi guys, Chris from Fantasy Rugger here.

Thanks for using the site and apologies about the issues you are having.

I've read back through the forum and can see you're all big rugby fans.

The site has struggled the last two days due to the complex logic that goes into the the 1000s of permutations that can be selected but we're working on it

Please bear with us

Hi guys, Chris from Fantasy Rugger here.

Thanks for using the site and apologies about the issues you are having.

I've read back through the forum and can see you're all big rugby fans.

The site has struggled the last two days due to the complex logic that goes into the the 1000s of permutations that can be selected but we're working on it

Please bear with us

No problem Chris, if you could gift me an extra 5k onto my salary cap I can get the sub out half I want and we can call it quits.

SOUND!

No problem Chris, if you could gift me an extra 5k onto my salary cap I can get the sub out half I want and we can call it quits.

SOUND!

They gifted me an extra 50k last week and I got Connor Murray in as sub SH, but then they took it away again :( Emotional roller coaster, this Fantasy Rugger stuff.

• Advertisement

We might be able to sort something out ;)

Now to ask the boss in FR can he gift me an extra £5k onto my salary cap - working in a tech start-up eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

We might be able to sort something out ;)

Now to ask the boss in FR can he gift me an extra £5k onto my salary cap - working in a tech start-up eh!

Ask Maddog, he'll put a good word in for you
    :)

They gifted me an extra 50k last week and I got Connor Murray in as sub SH, but then they took it away again :( Emotional roller coaster, this Fantasy Rugger stuff.

I hate to break it to you but we gifted that to everybody to help them along ...

Wang King wrote: »
    Ask Maddog, he'll put a good word in for you
    :)

The 'Dog' or Ian as I like to call him is currently a bit preoccupied

>
    >
    >

Fixing the bugs of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My entire team seems to have disappeared....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It's not allowing me to log in using facebook, I'm getting the following error message:
    "Given URL is not permitted by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not permitted by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I hate to break it to you but we gifted that to everybody to help them along ...

Well then Murray disappeared again for some other reason. Was just after the England game maybe he was still concussed and wanderd off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well that was torture picking that team. Tis done now anyway and joined the league.
    Can't understand how Aaron smith is so cheap compared to other scrum halfs.

Anyway, may the best team win.

Can't. Stop. Changing. Players!

Hurry up, deadline.

Can't. Stop. Changing. Players!

Hurry up, deadline.

im finished i hope, Manoa, Fotuali and North are the only ones ive picked that i dont know for sure are playing

I still can't pick a captain or a kicker though, which is very annoying.

Hey guys has the deadline changed?

Some of my mates are (useless) and trying to sign up today but it says it's too late now apparently?

Hopefully just a bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Jeez that was hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Team was gone when I logged in this morning!

• Advertisement

I'm in.

My team name is based on famous Will Smith film, except I used a synonym for one of the words.

ec18 wrote: »
    Jeez that was hard

This won't make it easier but 2 of your first 15 won't be playing in this match week, sorry.

Trying to finalise my team but it keeps changing how much cash I have left and I can't save anything.

Hope they extend the deadline, website is bork bork borked.

F*****g Wales I spent ages working North into my team this morning and they don't even bother playing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Trying to finalise my team but it keeps changing how much cash I have left and I can't save anything.

Hope they extend the deadline, website is bork bork borked.

Yeah it's really annoying. I have one change to make and when I take out a player worth 65k the website only leaves me with 30k.

Hey guys, can you try clearing the cache on your browser. Changes made by us to the system inly get pushed through to the user when you do.

Deadline is 8pm this evening

Chris

b.gud wrote: »
    F*****g Wales I spent ages working North into my team this morning and they don't even bother playing him

Damn them! I've had to make a few changes now because of that. This is bloody awkward.

I've had to change my outside centre about 20 times already! Is any bloody team playing their first choice this week at all?!?

Right that's it I'm def done this time

362876.jpg

• Advertisement

Earls is listed as a centre but he plays on wing tmrw. I reckon he might bag himself a few tries

Advertisement