Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

Rugger is quit slow to update their scores arent they, or do we wait till the Wednesday games are over?!

The said Monday morning to me on Twitter when I asked over the weekend.

I also recommended that they make it a bit more visible on site as to when scores get updates and they said that they'd give it a go!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They seem to have added a fixtures list too which I didn't see when picking the team last week. Other than the fixtures for that week, I mean. Now you can flick ahead to different weeks.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rugger is quit slow to update their scores arent they, or do we wait till the Wednesday games are over?!

I reckon it's only a few guys doing it and I guess they input the data manually.

awec wrote: »
    I reckon it's only a few guys doing it and I guess they input the data manually.

I presumed they just uploaded data from ESPN scrum or some other site but you could well be correct!

Anyone know when the transfer window comes up and when we can make subs?

Would also be useful if we knew when team announcements were, ah well - it's free, can't be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

awec wrote: »

Ya the fact that they have put up the points for the all black team on twitter but there still seems to be nothing on the site suggests they haven't automated the process. It's disappointing from a users perspective as it'd be nice to see the scores a bit quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

hmmm went to check if the scores were updated and I keep getting a message saying pick and name your team first... I hope this is only bug :(

Anyone else having similar problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Uriel. wrote: »
    hmmm went to check if the scores were updated and I keep getting a message saying pick and name your team first... I hope this is only bug :(

Yeah, that happened to me a few minutes ago.....thought my team had vanished....but logged in again and it was fine.

Who ran the "drop all tables" script?!

Who ran the "drop all tables" script?!

exploits_of_a_mom.png

• Advertisement

When I had to remake my team I called them "I hope Savea is worth it".

He was not.

When I had to remake my team I called them "I hope Savea is worth it".

He was not.

He did better than NMS who I shelled out 90k for

b.gud wrote: »
    He did better than NMS who I shelled out 90k for

Marginally but Savea played til full time...!

I almost feel obliged to bring in 3 Japanese for my substitutions this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Uriel. wrote: »

Yup. Same problem.

Marginally but Savea played til full time...!

I almost feel obliged to bring in 3 Japanese for my substitutions this week.

I had the Japanese scrum half on my bench but choose to go with Matawalu instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Same here with my "pick your team"
    However, when I initially login my team is there. browse elsewhere and move around and its gone.

• Advertisement

Still no luck seeing points :(

(team missing, I hope they've backed up that team selection table!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

When can you start to make transfers and pick your new team?

When can you start to make transfers and pick your new team?

October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

............my teams gone..........

October.

Next October I assume?

• Advertisement

Posted this on Twitter an hour ago and said points would be up shortly - 15 minutes shortly!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPbwrw2WEAE7--u.png:large

Went to my team, switched back to week 1 and data view and saw points for Mike Ross so they appear to have Irish players up.

They have points up for some players

The points seem to be popping up bit by bit. I did well but my captain and kicker wee awful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How can you see which if any of your players got points?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Go back to game week 1 at the top...

I hope I get Cudmore's and Gorgodze's points added on..!!

image.png
    20mb image hosting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Im not happy with what they're calling an assist. Michalak doesn't get one for his grubber, but sbw gets one for passing along the line.

The league positions don't seem to be up but my team score is 193.50 not sure how that compares to everyone else

165 with 3 guys not playing, 2 cameos off the bench and a very bad kicker and captain selection. My captain and not paying attention to the team lineups killed me.

Haven't read the rules properly, 50 points on the bench in positions where the player ahead of them didn't play.

Do they autosub?

• Advertisement

158 with a sub still to be put in, I think. Not bad considering all my backs were pretty awful as was Captain and Kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Points are added up now but not sorted in order, im on 185 it seems, i'll take that for time being, Savea can't be that bad again surely..

I had George Ford as Kicker. Ended up with 1 point!!! Looked at his stats and no mention of successful kicks in his measure despite kicking a few I'm sure.

Can someone please tell me if there's a a team by the name of Team Ball Player Thing in the league? I had to make a new team last minute on Friday and I'm sure I joineed the league but I'm on my phone and can't seem to access the league.

I had George Ford as Kicker. Ended up with 1 point!!! Looked at his stats and no mention of successful kicks in his measure despite kicking a few I'm sure.

Same, does anyone know what way they score for kickers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Last times I looked earlier my team score was 4.0 :pac:

Same, does anyone know what way they score for kickers?

For kicking at goal you get 1 point for a successful kick. 0.5 off for a missed kick. All the other scoring things would apply to the kicker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

For kicking at goal you get 1 point for a successful kick. 0.5 off for a missed kick. All the other scoring things would apply to the kicker too.

Do you not just get points for kicks? That's what the screen that you use to select kicker and captain says.

My kicker has no points and my FB has no points despite scoring a try and making a good few clean breaks.

I'm at 161.5 currently but the this site is starting to look like it really isn't ready yet. See if they sort it before week 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

checked the boards league. Says i have 355 points. but i cant change my team for week 2.

The boards league is wrong surely, nearly everyone has over 250. My score just went from 165 to 116, its a bit all over the place.

The boards league is wrong surely, nearly everyone has over 250. My score just went from 165 to 116, its a bit all over the place.

in the week 1 screen it says 177 which is half the amount.

Right, so I'm still trying to figure this out.

My team scored 123.10 points this week, but in the boards league I've 250.30 points, so is that an accumulation of the points they were worth plus what was earned?

Slight gripe here, they don't list results in terms of 1st/2nd/3rd which is annoying.

And I can't make any transfers :(

Stheno wrote: »
    Right, so I'm still trying to figure this out.

My team scored 123.10 points this week, but in the boards league I've 250.30 points, so is that an accumulation of the points they were worth plus what was earned?

Slight gripe here, they don't list results in terms of 1st/2nd/3rd which is annoying.

And I can't make any transfers :(

what do you mean by "what was earned"

aimee1 wrote: »
    what do you mean by "what was earned"

The points that were won by the players performance over the weekend? E.g. I've Chateris, and he scored 26 points or so over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    The points that were won by the players performance over the weekend? E.g. I've Chateris, and he scored 26 points or so over the weekend.

surly its just the points they scored that count, or how else does it work .....

surly its just the points they scored that count, or how else does it work .....

Well that's where I'm confused. The players started out with points assigned against them, then at the weekend, those who played scored 123 points, but the total is showing up as 250.3 points in the down to ruck league, so I'm assuming they add their starting points and what they score?

Can someone please tell me if there's a a team by the name of Team Ball Player Thing in the league? I had to make a new team last minute on Friday and I'm sure I joineed the league but I'm on my phone and can't seem to access the league.

Yeah, score of 316 after week one :)

has anyone been able to alter their team or make transfers for week 2

has anyone been able to alter their team or make transfers for week 2

no. not me :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement