Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Surely its not the average score from the start being added on? That would be dumb.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Surely its not the average score from the start being added on? That would be dumb.

well i can't figure out how I scored 123.1 this weekend and am now on 250

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Maybe there's some kind of coefficient in place...

I'm on 179 pts on my GW1 pts total and on 383.70 (2nd :D) in the Boards league.

I really regret my last min captain move from Matfield to Kriel. Should have trusted my guts about this different fantasy scoring system :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Just checked the league and I think I'm top :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Yeah, score of 316 after week one :)

Oooh that's not bad. Thanks very much

Subs for me haven't come on yet. Anyone have their auto-subs done?

I imagine there's still plenty of changing scores to be had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Auto picked a team a few weeks ago, then logged in Thursday night and picked my proper team.
    Logged in today and no sign of my proper team, just the auto team.
    Anyone else have this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

robbiezero wrote: »
    Auto picked a team a few weeks ago, then logged in Thursday night and picked my proper team.
    Logged in today and no sign of my proper team, just the auto team.
    Anyone else have this issue?

You sure you saved the changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

You sure you saved the changes?

I thought so, but I guess I must not have. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

How do the subs points work?

• Advertisement

Well I've managed to find myself in the boardsie league on 329 points. Jolly Hipster and Aimee both appear to be just ahead (for now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Still unable to make transfers or use my subs (have scots and aussies to put in for week 2). Deadline is 2.30 tmrw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ec18 wrote: »
    How do the subs points work?

You only get points for your subs if they player in the starting position didn't play

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You only get points for your subs if they player in the starting position didn't play

Savea was on the pitch but clearly didn't play, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

aimee1 wrote: »
    Still unable to make transfers or use my subs (have scots and aussies to put in for week 2). Deadline is 2.30 tmrw.
    Same here... Hopefully it'll get sorted tonight.

am able to access transfers now, but still cannot swap subs into my team

am able to access transfers now, but still cannot swap subs into my team

Yeah the changes I had planned to make are already covered by team announcements so I went and made them.

I still haven't gotten any kicking points from last week (at least it appears that way) and some of the points I've gotten don't tally.

When you make changes and look back at week 1 team it shows the new subs as opposed to the original players just so people know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I can't seem to change my starting 15 for my subs, or assign a captain/kicker.

I was able to make subs just now.

And found my kicker/captain.

• Advertisement

I was able to make subs just now.

And found my kicker/captain.

points totals all altered too. Im on 197.1 - Seems to be fixed for everyone now when you open the league

It says position 0 on mine, I know I made my team late (Friday afternoon), was I too late to make the first game week?

It says position 0 on mine, I know I made my team late (Friday afternoon), was I too late to make the first game week?

on the team page where you move players in and out of your team, click the YOUR LEAGUES tab just above your subs and click on the league.

I appear to be top [woohoo] with FOR RUCKS SAKE in 2nd. Your position is listed on the left hand side

on the team page where you move players in and out of your team, click the YOUR LEAGUES tab just above your subs and click on the league.

I appear to be top [woohoo] with FOR RUCKS SAKE in 2nd. Your position is listed on the left hand side

Yep, its just a hyphen where there should be a number. I was probably too late, I joined about 6-7 hours before the first game though.

points totals all altered too. Im on 197.1 - Seems to be fixed for everyone now when you open the league

Yeah mine went down to 108.

They have positions up in the leagues now too :)

actually this is weird, gameweek 1 shows I've 123.0 points, and the league gives me 108

Totally confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

That's me in 2nd but I don't think I've got all my points, I don't think k I've been given double points for Reid as my captain or kicking points for Sexton

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    That's me in 2nd but I don't think I've got all my points, I don't think k I've been given double points for Reid as my captain or kicking points for Sexton

burst my bubble why dont you :mad:

Don't think I got double points either for captain.

And there is just an = sign beside my team in the league :( and position 0 in the summary of leagues :(

Yeah I'm in 12th and have no points for kicking or double points for captain. Having said that, if you add up your player points you might notice that the gap between that and your total is exactly the same as your captains base points so the double appears to have been calculated into your overall score, just not displayed on the player profile.

burst my bubble why dont you :mad:

I think everyone has captain points just doesn't know it - and no one has kicking points so likely a bit of a shuffle when these come through.

And there is just an = sign beside my team in the league :( and position 0 in the summary of leagues :(

that means your top :)

• Advertisement

I have the same, did you register or join the league late?

that means your top :)

As in first? Can't be, I've 108 points compared to your 197 :)

I'm now thoroughly confused.

If I click on game week one, it gives me week one points of 123.10
    However it is now showing points that my revised team scored in week one, so I can't check what players I actually had playing scored if I've changed them since.

Then on the top of the page it says my week one points were 108.1 and that is what shows in the league.

The difference is not made up by doubling captains points either, I'd heaslip and he got 11.8 so if I was to add that to 108.1 then it would be 119.1

It's all clear as mud

As in first? Can't be, I've 108 points compared to your 197 :)

I'm now thoroughly confused.

If I click on game week one, it gives me week one points of 123.10
    However it is now showing points that my revised team scored in week one, so I can't check what players I actually had playing scored if I've changed them since.

Then on the top of the page it says my week one points were 108.1 and that is what shows in the league.

The difference is not made up by doubling captains points either, I'd heaslip and he got 11.8 so if I was to add that to 108.1 then it would be 119.1

It's all clear as mud

its all change now. Your 48th in the boards league, they have updated them to show them in league position order

its all change now. Your 48th in the boards league, they have updated them to show them in league position order

They must be updating in real time :)

Mines fixed, 39th but they still owe me about 15 points for sub's and captain.

Mines fixed, 39th but they still owe me about 15 points for sub's and captain.

I figured out that I made four transfers and not three so that's where my missing fifteen points are :)

I figured out that I made four transfers and not three so that's where my missing fifteen points are :)

I only made 2, you have 2 free ones right?

I only made 2, you have 2 free ones right?

Three free ones, I'd to do a fourth due to injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Think some of these stats might be off tbh...Jared Payne for example is down as having 3 clean breaks yet 0 metres made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

None of the players have metres made or kicks scored from what I can see. Surely they're meant to? I've mike brown so would be helpful if they added them in

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    None of the players have metres made or kicks scored from what I can see. Surely they're meant to? I've mike brown so would be helpful if they added them in

Metres made doesn't seem to score anything. Successful kicks? Is that just for your nominated kicker?
    Tries 5
    Assists 3
    Scrum won on opposition 2
    Lineout Stolen 2
    Turnovers 1.5
    Defenders Beaten 1
    Successful Kick 1
    Clean Breaks 1
    Offloads 0.5
    Lineout Won 0.5
    Tackles Made 0.5
    Scrum Won on Own Feed 0.5
    Successful Lineout Throw 0.2
    Ruck won 0.1

Is it 11 matches this game week? I'm trying to sort my team on my phone and can only see 11 but I can't see the full list of leagues I'm in so I'm wondering if I'm missing a few fixtures too?

Is it 11 matches this game week? I'm trying to sort my team on my phone and can only see 11 but I can't see the full list of leagues I'm in so I'm wondering if I'm missing a few fixtures too?

My experience of using the fantasyrugger website on my phone have not been fruitful, you have until 2.30 tomorrow if you can wait and make changes on the desktop version.

yes 11

Yeah eleven
    Wed 23-Sep Australia Fiji 1430
    Wed 23-Sep France Rom 1645
    Wed 23-Sep Scotland Japan 2000
    Thur 24-Sep NZ Namibia 2000
    Friday 25-Sep Argentina Georgia 1645
    Saturday 26-Sep England Wales 2000
    Saturday 26-Sep Italy Canada 1430
    Saturday 26-Sep South Africa Samoa 1645
    Sunday 27-Sep Australia Uruguay 1200
    Sunday 27-Sep Ireland Rom 1645
    Sunday 27-Sep Scotland USA 1430

My experience of using the fantasyrugger website on my phone have not been fruitful, you have until 2.30 tomorrow if you can wait and make changes on the desktop version.

Unfortunately I won't have access to a laptop until tomorrow evening so I've had to use the phone and keep my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Do we know for sure what the impact of double matches is? Double points for Aussie players?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Do we know for sure what the impact of double matches is? Double points for Aussie players?

I think they get scored for how they perform in each match then it's added up ?

The thing about the Aussies is Cheika said he was going with the two team approach until after the Uruguay match so while it's possible a few guys might get two matches you can't be too sure about it. Scotland on the other hand....

• Advertisement

Just on the kicking points, they sent around an email this evening (the fantasy rugger guys) and said that fixing kicking points is on their list of development that they've to address

Advertisement