Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

had to make 4 transfers to fit NMS in. He better nab a few tries on thursday to pay me back

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The thing about the Aussies is Cheika said he was going with the two team approach until after the Uruguay match so while it's possible a few guys might get two matches you can't be too sure about it. Scotland on the other hand....

Arrrgggghhh I've Quade Cooper in my team :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Arrrgggghhh I've Quade Cooper in my team :(

Well, your first mistake was having Quade Cooper in your team :D

He's not in the squad for Fiji tomorrow. Will probably play some part against Uraguay though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well, your first mistake was having Quade Cooper in your team :D

He's not in the squad for Fiji tomorrow. Will probably play some part against Uraguay though.

I know.
    I've removed him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Oh I'm second :) I think. Not sure if everything is added up. Had gorgodze on the bench and Alberts didn't play so I hope they brought his points in.

Made my changes there and forgot wallabies had 2 games this week and I don't have any of there players!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Can someone explain to me how I'm last on -159.5??????

molloyjh wrote: »

Seriously?? You got -159.5?

Hmm I've looked at the negative scores
    Tackles Missed -0.5
    Missed Kick -0.5
    Handling errors -0.5
    Penalties Conceded -1
    Scrum Lost on Own Feed -1
    Missed Lineout Throw -1
    Yellow Cards -3
    Red Cards -5

It would take some desperate team to rack up 159.5 in negative scores.

Your not - you have over 160 - your about 9th on the boards league.

That's not what I see when I log on....

363388.png

• Advertisement

He's showing up last with -159 on my league.

Yesterday he was up near the top!

This is all very confusing. I had 341 at one stage yesterday, went down to 154 or so, now for some I'm over 160 and for others I'm -159. :confused:

This is all very confusing. I had 341 at one stage yesterday, went down to 154 or so, now for some I'm over 160 and for others I'm -159. :confused:

Yeah I'd 250 or so at one point yesterday, then went down, but I've figured it out.

Yours just don't sound right though the team I'm talking about are 7s and 8s?

Yeah I'd 250 or so at one point yesterday, then went down, but I've figured it out.

Yours just don't sound right though the team I'm talking about are 7s and 8s?

Yep, that's me. Sure I'll probably be first on 4,000 tomorrow so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

-159?!?
    What did your team do..piss in Nigel Owens half time Bovril?

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    -159?!?
    What did your team do..piss in Nigel Owens half time Bovril?

Now if it was awec, you'd swear it was the curse of John Lacey :P

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Had a mare with the transfers, I've hedged my bets with some and just going to get 0 points again for some others. Realised my props didnt even play last week let alone get any points!!

363388.png

Yikes. That's a fair drop alright. Did you make a dodgy latte for one of the developers or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Just went in to make transfers. There are players in my squad who are not in my subs (I did not pick) and there are players I did pick missing. Seems a mess!! Only have 3 free transfers but will take more than that to sort it out. Hmm. Best thing might be just not to make any changes :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

363388.png

John, that's not a very hipster name. Obviously didn't pick it up at home then... :P

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    John, that's not a very hipster name. Obviously didn't pick it up at home then... :P

He's just John for short, full name Johanson Molloy Jnr III

Who are the must-haves for this 'Gameweek'? NZ players obviously but outside of them?

Aus have double gameweek so loads of points if you manage to pick someone who plays both games...

Also, looks like Locks and back rows are worth plenty of points compared to cost, so worth having good options there!

Who are the must-haves for this 'Gameweek'? NZ players obviously but outside of them?

Aus have double gameweek so loads of points if you manage to pick someone who plays both games...

Romanian backrow's are likely to do two things this week:

1. Play twice
    2. Tackle LOADS

Just saying.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hard to pick a side for this week. A lot of resting happening, some teams playing twice but a lot of their players won't play twice. Couldn't decide whether to drop McCaw or Henderson as both are likely to bench this weekend (McCaw definitely is). Had to drop Aaron Smith cause he's not playing, hope Violi starts for Italy in that case.

Don't know whether to drop Brits for Ford at hooker. Brits will probably play for the boks, Ford definitely playing for Scotland. Scotland playing twice though, is Ford likely to play both?

I'm sacrificing 20 points to change centres, good news is i've changed 4 people now and saved 150k somehow, mad!

Really want an irish centre but no idea who's gonna play

2. Tackle LOADS

2. Miss tackle LOADS ????

awec wrote: »
    Hard to pick a side for this week. A lot of resting happening, some teams playing twice but a lot of their players won't play twice. Couldn't decide whether to drop McCaw or Henderson as both are likely to bench this weekend (McCaw definitely is). Had to drop Aaron Smith cause he's not playing, hope Violi starts for Italy in that case.

Don't know whether to drop Brits for Ford at hooker. Brits will probably play for the boks, Ford definitely playing for Scotland. Scotland playing twice though, is Ford likely to play both?

Who do scotland play? USA? Doubt they will play too many guys twice if they win today as they have samoa and SA to come. Same for Australia who already said they will give everyone a game, thats how i approached it anyway.

He's just John for short, full name Johanson Molloy Jnr III

It's actually not my name at all, I just don't want the other hipsters knowing I'm getting involved in popular stuff like this. :o

Assuming the changes I made on my phone this morning stuck that's 4 tries for me so far today and we've still got 130 minutes to go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Assuming the changes I made on my phone this morning stuck that's 4 tries for me so far today and we've still got 130 minutes to go

3 for me :D brought in pocock and Russell

Assuming the changes I made on my phone this morning stuck that's 4 tries for me so far today and we've still got 130 minutes to go :D

Make that 5. Knew I should have made Pocock captain! :mad:

I got rid of Cooper but the little fecker is back :(

I got rid of Cooper but the little fecker is back :(

He's not there. Are you mixing him up with Adam Ashley-Cooper?

He's not there. Are you mixing him up with Adam Ashley-Cooper?

No I've checked, I've Quade Cooper in my starting fifteen. Was sure I dumped him yesterday :(

No I've checked, I've Quade Cooper in my starting fifteen. Was sure I dumped him yesterday :(

Oh sorry, I thought you meant you'd dropped him and then he ended up playing.

• Advertisement

Hardy and J. Gray did a good shift for me, loads of tackles and try from Hardy. Had Pocock in my original team, should have hung onto him.

Hogg came off early but suspect he will play at the weekend. Had Moore from Australia as they only have 2 hookers so he will play again at the weekend from the bench.

Have a couple of NZ'ers on tomorrow and the bulk of my guys at the weekend.

Matawalu and Nodolo would want to have a lot of tackles today as I don't think they've done much else for me.

Anyone else struggling to get on the site? I signed up via FB and it won't let me get on at all, something about a development app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Was stuck between Hooper and Pocock, I picked Hooper because I thought he'd be a bigger try threat... :(

Was stuck between Hooper and Pocock, I picked Hooper because I thought he'd be a bigger try threat... :(

laidlaw did well today, russell scored a try, maafu got a yc.

The Kicker thing is a bit weird. I thought it meant you got double points or something for all the points he kicked but it seems to actually mean you only get kicking points for the person you designated? So, for example, if you had designated Fiji's #10 as your kicker and also had Nadolo in your team you wouldn't get any points for the goals Nadolo kicks. Is that right or am I reading it all wrong?

• Advertisement

The Kicker thing is a bit weird. I thought it meant you got double points or something for all the points he kicked but it seems to actually mean you only get kicking points for the person you designated? So, for example, if you had designated Fiji's #10 as your kicker and also had Nadolo in your team you wouldn't get any points for the goals Nadolo kicks. Is that right or am I reading it all wrong?

I read it that way too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That's right but it's fairly standard in all fantasy leagues. Otherwise you'd just load your backline with kickers.

Make that 5. Knew I should have made Pocock captain! :mad:

Up to 6 7 now. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Podge_irl wrote: »
    That's right but it's fairly standard in all fantasy leagues. Otherwise you'd just load your backline with kickers.

Made a pigs ear of it today. Had Laidlaw and Russell in my team but for some unknown reason I put Russell as kicker :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Made a pigs ear of it today. Had Laidlaw and Russell in my team but for some unknown reason I put Russell as kicker :/

Sigh...me too. Dopes all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lads I genuinely wouldn't worry about the kicking thing.

You get 1/3 for a success and -1 for a miss. Which means you only get points if your kicker is hitting better than 75%, and even at that, you get a meagre amount of points.

So its actually a good strategy to just not pick a kicker at all. Take tomorrow for example. New Zealand score 8 tries against Namibia, almost all of them under the posts, happy days, Barret converts the first 6, and you are on a massive 2 points for Barret. Then Savea scores a try in the corner, he misses, and he misses the next one too. He gets subbed off and you've ended up just breaking even.

The trick with a kicker is picking a kicker who only takes easy kicks for his team (not long ones), and hopefully picking a kicker who will mostly have reasonably straight forward conversions. Picking a team that mauls a lot is bad news, Mauls are scored in the corner.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Lads I genuinely wouldn't worry about the kicking thing.

You get 1/3 for a success and -1 for a miss. Which means you only get points if your kicker is hitting better than 75%, and even at that, you get a meagre amount of points.

So its actually a good strategy to just not pick a kicker at all. Take tomorrow for example. New Zealand score 8 tries against Namibia, almost all of them under the posts, happy days, Barret converts the first 6, and you are on a massive 2 points for Barret. Then Savea scores a try in the corner, he misses, and he misses the next one too. He gets subbed off and you've ended up just breaking even.

The trick with a kicker is picking a kicker who only takes easy kicks for his team (not long ones), and hopefully picking a kicker who will mostly have reasonably straight forward conversions. Picking a team that mauls a lot is bad news, Mauls are scored in the corner.

Not sure if your Irish Times or Fantasy Rugger but on Fantasy Rugger its:

-0.5 Missed Kick
    +1.0 Successful Kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Not sure if your Irish Times or Fantasy Rugger but on Fantasy Rugger its:

-0.5 Missed Kick
    +1.0 Successful Kick

You sure, I can't login in to check, because you know.... It's fantasy rugger and it's not working right now.

But I scored negative for Michalak in the first week.

errlloyd wrote: »
    You sure, I can't login in to check, because you know.... It's fantasy rugger and it's not working right now.

But I scored negative for Michalak in the first week.

Here you go!

L8UxDqI.png

Michalak hasn't had his kicks added yet due to some issue which they are resolving so you will get these points. Otherwise he had a net negative contribution if you made no points. Flaky fecker.

Most of my players are tomorrow/the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement