Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

Stheno wrote: »
    Most of my players are tomorrow/the weekend.

My players today went ok, Scots did well, Fijians not so much and Ausies... well I should have picked Pocock.

I've 3 tomorrow and the remainder at the weekend (and maybe some double ups with Scotland and Ausland).

If Savea doesn't produce the goods tomorrow he is getting Adam Jones'ed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My players today went ok, Scots did well, Fijians not so much and Ausies... well I should have picked Pocock.

I've 3 tomorrow and the remainder at the weekend (and maybe some double ups with Scotland and Ausland).

If Savea doesn't produce the goods tomorrow he is getting Adam Jones'ed.

I'd Hogg and Bastereaud today.

I've Sonny Boy tomorrow.

Then it's mostly England/Wales/Ireland this weekend.

This fantasy stuff is a bit of craic.

I'd Hogg and Bastereaud today.

I've Sonny Boy tomorrow.

Then it's mostly England/Wales/Ireland this weekend.

This fantasy stuff is a bit of craic.

Hogg came off early so I reckon he should get time this weekend and SBW went well against the Argies, was an improvement on Nonu who wasn't having a great day.

England Wales should produce silly stats, it's what I'm banking on anyway. That and I went with an Aus hooker because they only have two so should get more game time that way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hogg came off early so I reckon he should get time this weekend and SBW went well against the Argies, was an improvement on Nonu who wasn't having a great day.

England Wales should produce silly stats, it's what I'm banking on anyway. That and I went with an Aus hooker because they only have two so should get more game time that way.

Yeah I'd Nonu too but gave him the sack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

After a great round1, my round2 hasn't turned great so far (bar Laidlaw).

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have no English players and only Cuthbert starts for me from Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

2 tries and an assist for Nehe Milner Scudder, who was also my captain. I'd say he was a popular choice though!

Milner Skudder & Savea on my wings :)

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    2 tries and an assist for Nehe Milner Scudder, who was also my captain. I'd say he was a popular choice though!

I went for Savea who had two tries and at least one assist, however he had a good few knock on's so will have to see.

I think this week might be going a little better than last week but not sure. Henshaw is in my team with only Kriel as backup who is benching so if he is out of the Romanian game it will cost me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I had Milner-Skudder but didn't make him captain. I put a Scottish player as captain because they were playing twice and he was the only one of my 3 Scots not to score a try :(

My Captain is a secret.

Hoooge gamble.

My Captain is a secret.

Hoooge gamble.

Cian Healy???

Cian Healy???

My Captain is ....

Not that it matters but it's kind of annoying that you can't see other people's teams.

Not that it matters but it's kind of annoying that you can't see other people's teams.

Along with sorting out kicking points, that's on their list of stuff to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I had Milner-Skudder but didn't make him captain. I put a Scottish player as captain because they were playing twice and he was the only one of my 3 Scots not to score a try :(

Had NMS as captain, 2 tries and 1 assist. Plus he beat a few defenders.

J Gray, Russell and Laidlaw did well for me yesterday, had debaty too but was disappointed he didnt run in any tries from 70 metres out.

Have creevy and gorgodze tmrw. Could be great, could be red cards.

FFS. Bosch making an absolute meal of a 4 on 1 leads to Gorgodze getting binned.

-3 for the YC and loses 10mins of tackles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Have both argie wingers. Could do with another try from this.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Have both argie wingers. Could do with another try from this.

Well that's gone well for you in the last 3 mins!

I have Imhoff on my bench but I think my other two wingers scored 2 tries each anyway so it's fine. :D

• Advertisement

I'm lucky, Hogg and Hardie both going again for Scotland. Hardie already made me a load of bank.

Robshaw and Falatau up for me tomorrow. Falatau my captain, is alway top or top 3 tackler so hope to make some hay there.

Picked Aussie hooker as they only named 2 so he has to bench this weekend.

Otherwise I need Kriel on as early as possible now that Henshaw not starting.

Think it's going to be a pretty solid week for me.

Well that's gone well for you in the last 3 mins!

Yeah, but I have a shocking record, the statistics tell the story. 80% of my total tries so far, were scored today!

I really picked a long term team, hoping it would get me through the group stages with the only changes being injuries, and with good insurance, so I am hoping to bag more tries as the leagues goes on.

Was that the last match in this game week?

Was that the last match in this game week?

Yeah updates Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fofana and Payne my only try scorers, but a few other guys who should get good scores. Etzebeth, Ioane and Farrell should do well for me.

Yeah updates Tuesday?

Not sure. Deadline for changes is Tuesday at 16:45pm

I think I had about 13 tries although it's hard to keep up when there's so many matches and teams playing twice.

Just looking there it's going to be tough this week. Deadline is Tuesday afternoon but most of the matches aren't until Thursday or after. May have to guess at who will be in starting lineups.

Not sure. Deadline for changes is Tuesday at 16:45pm

I think I had about 13 tries although it's hard to keep up when there's so many matches and teams playing twice.

Just looking there it's going to be tough this week. Deadline is Tuesday afternoon but most of the matches aren't until Thursday or after. May have to guess at who will be in starting lineups.

That's a really good haul, 13 tries would probably be close enough to the maximum achievable.

I only ended up with 7, had good stats elsewhere but my selections in certain places didn't work out. No tries from Hogg, Hardie being ruled out, Henshaw being ruled out etc etc cost me a good bit.

I thought I had done well with my two wingers getting two each, but it's been a remarkable week for wingers. 9 wingers scored more than one try in a single game in the last 7 days (list may be incomplete)

JP Pietersen
    Julian Savea
    Nehe Milner Skudder
    Cordero
    Imhoff
    Earls
    Bowe
    Drew Mitchell
    Guitoune

errlloyd wrote: »
    I thought I had done well with my two wingers getting two each, but it's been a remarkable week for wingers. 9 wingers scored more than one try in a single game in the last 7 days (list may be incomplete)

JP Pietersen
    Julian Savea
    Nehe Milner Skudder
    Cordero
    Imhoff
    Earls
    Bowe
    Drew Mitchell
    Guitoune

I kept Nadolo over Drew Michell who is on my bench.

Sigh.

That's a really good haul, 13 tries would probably be close enough to the maximum achievable.

I only ended up with 7, had good stats elsewhere but my selections in certain places didn't work out. No tries from Hogg, Hardie being ruled out, Henshaw being ruled out etc etc cost me a good bit.

I think I might have gotten confused with which matches were when. I had Bennett x2, Pocock x2, NMS x2, Guitoune x2, Russell x1 which is only 9. There might be 1 or 2 others but I can't remember now. No idea how I was counting 13. Wishful thinking.

• Advertisement

I think I might have gotten confused with which matches were when. I had Bennett x2, Pocock x2, NMS x2, Guitoune x2, Russell x1 which is only 9. There might be 1 or 2 others but I can't remember now. No idea how I was counting 13. Wishful thinking.

I swapped kriel in for earls :(

aimee1 wrote: »
    I swapped kriel in for earls :(

Misfortune all around, he wasn't long on and am I right in saying De Villiers came on when Kriel got a bad facial hit and broke his jaw ruling him out of the RWC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

It's great earls is classified as a centre its the same as three wingers.
    Ended up with 7 tries pocock x2 savea x2 earls x2 and Russell.
    Pretty happy with that.

Misfortune all around, he wasn't long on and am I right in saying De Villiers came on when Kriel got a bad facial hit and broke his jaw ruling him out of the RWC?

He only came on for 5 minutes for Kriel right at the end. I'm not sure when the injury happened. That's shocking bad luck if that is when it happened.

He only came on for 5 minutes for Kriel right at the end. I'm not sure when the injury happened. That's shocking bad luck if that is when it happened.

He already had the injury apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Why are earls and savea only showing scored 1 try and Russell 0.5 of a try?

case885 wrote: »

Yeah I've a couple of .5's on tries. Still no kicking points from last week and a few other scores that don't add up.

I've also had a pretty horrid week for points dropping down to 17th or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Good week for points for me although my team has something of an injury crisis!!

202 points for me this week. I could have done so much better if I'd picked almost anyone else as my captain. Guitoune scored 30 points by himself, 30! Why didn't I pick him as captain :(

Next weeks going to be tough, as I said, most teams won't be announced before the deadline, pure guesswork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

case885 wrote: »

I presume you're looking at this on the Statistics page when you click on the i beside the player? As far as I can make out, this is their average scored. So Earls scored two tries in in two game, so average is one per game. If you click Game Log it breaks down the scores per game.

Fickou scored huge for me, no idea how!

had a good few try scorers [NMS was my captain] and Laidlaw was my kicker. Got Biggar in to replace finn russell, gorgodze's YC wasnt too painful points wise.

Are the results fully up todate ?

Are the results fully up todate ?

looks like they are, and you can make transfers too.

aimee1 wrote: »
    looks like they are, and you can make transfers too.

Cool will look it up later

You still top?

Cool will look it up later

You still top?

i dropped off top when i made a 4th change, but i hit 169 this week and am a few points ahead now again. NMS as captain made huge difference

I joined a munster league by mistake when setting up my team and am top there. think they have a prize of munster tickets too. Could be awkward :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Scythica

I had an awful week points wise, realised I need to change a fair few players due to injuries / they don't start.

Apparently up to 2nd though! Didn't see that coming, Time to change a few blokes who've earned nothing so far

EDIT: Turns out the site was updating scores very slowly, not 2nd :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'm sitting just ahead of midtable. I picked a strong 15 and really cheap subs so I've only really had 12-13 play each week. Captains haven't been good either, other than that I've been steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I'm 256.9 points....I'm guessing that's not great?

I've got less points than I did earlier? Do the substitution deductions come off later? I was second for about an hour :(

I've got less points than I did earlier? Do the substitution deductions come off later? I was second for about an hour :(

if you make a 4th change the points are deducted immediately, it was for me last week anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement