Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

aimee1 wrote: »
    if you make a 4th change the points are deducted immediately, it was for me last week anyway

That's weird then because I had 220 earlier and now I've only got 147 for this week.

Well, I've just spotted that Guitoune's score has been halved for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

That's weird then because I had 220 earlier and now I've only got 147 for this week.

i wonder do points change if you make changes, another software glitch??

I swapped a few players around earlier but just between the bench and starting 15 and now my points are changed and Hogg has disappeared from my team entirely and some players seem to be there twice. I can't make any changes anymore either. It's pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like I'm still 2nd anyway despite an average enough score. Expected Le roux to pick up more points for South Africa

Looks like I'm still 2nd anyway despite an average enough score. Expected Le roux to pick up more points for South Africa

you were 1st last week cos I opted for a 4th transfer to get NMS into my team and it cost be points. He picked up two tries and an assist as captain for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

aimee1 wrote: »
    you were 1st last week cos I opted for a 4th transfer to get NMS into my team and it cost be points. He picked up two tries and an assist as captain for me.

Good to say I was at the top for a week at least.
    Going to be very difficult this game week predicting starting line ups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I'm after losing 10 points from what I checked this morning, I'd rather it went the other way tbh :D

think you can guess a good few, some serious games with RWC QF places on the line so a few full strength sides will be out. Ive taken a gamble on NMS, Earls, Biggar being involved.

I'm leaving mine until around lunchtime tomorrow in the hopes at least a few teams will have announced their squads. Just Tonga and Namibia so far.

Rumour has it he of the seaweed cured broken leg could make an appearance this week.

Just to make you all aware they're saying on Twitter that the deadline for this week has been changed to Thursday at 16:45. No idea where today's game goes. Doubt many people have a team stacked with Namibians and Tongans but if, like me, you were thinking Tonga have two matches this week get one in there, maybe don't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Damn. I made my transfers this morning before they announced the change. Is it possible to change the transfers before the deadline or will that result in losing points? What happens if you press reset team....does that undo transfers made for this week....or the whole team?

Damn. I made my transfers this morning before they announced the change. Is it possible to change the transfers before the deadline or will that result in losing points? What happens if you press reset team....does that undo transfers made for this week....or the whole team?

No idea.

I'm just worried now that they're going to mess it up and I'll be stick with the team I have now if I don't make any changes today.

No idea.

I'm just worried now that they're going to mess it up and I'll be stick with the team I have now if I don't make any changes today.

Most of the lads in work have abandoned it unfortunately. I'm close to throwing the towel in too.

If anyone has a big match points wise today is it worth just adding them to your team?

Do they get their stats from ESPN Scrum I wonder!

I've no idea what's happening. They said they're freezing Tonga and Namibia transfers after the match today so I don't think you can just bring them in then get rid.

The whole thing is very frustrating. It is, in theory, the best Fantasy Rugby site I've seen but they have so many problems and glitches. They had it up and running for the 6 Nations and there were a few problems. I'd have thought by they'd have sorted them out before relaunching for the World Cup.

Had a reply from Chris (Fantasy Rugger)

Hi, so the email today was correct. The deadline will be Thursday to allow time for more changes. You can reset your transfers and make the ones you wish.

Tonga and Namibia will be included in game Week 3 and we will block transfers of these players before the game today so that people can't just transfer people in who had a good game.

In summary, pressing reset will allow you to undo this weeks transfers

Clear and prompt answer - I'm happy :)

Actually I pressed reset team and nothing happened - transfers appear locked in...oh well

Just thinking there the locking of Tonga and Namibia players means I can't get rid of a Tonga player I had planned on transferring out as part of some very complicated sums I had worked out to get certain other players in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

So can you change your transfers or not? I made them early with the deadline in mind, now with the extra day and lineups out I'd change one of them.

the deadline wouldnt really change my transfers. Only one that might be dodgy is NMS. I think Earls will be involved with ireland and i expect most of the others to play too, some already named as starters.

• Advertisement

Juat logged in, have lost 26 points since monday evening update. Seems everyone else has lost points too. My question is WHY?

Yeah I've dropped a good few points and also fallen quite a few places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

the whole thing is a joke. great idea, terrible execution.

I had josh strauss as captain (for scotland) in gw2 and he has zero points. His game log is blank aswell even though he played two games.

I wonder if the points drop has something to do with transfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Got no points for DeAllende for some reason and Savea somehow only got 11 points with 2 tries, an assist and as my captain. The replacement feature for players that didn't play doesn't appear to have worked either.

All my mates have abandoned it...might do the same. It's a shame really because I love this kind of thing and I just wish they'd have got it 100% between now and the last 6N. Alas no :(

Got no points for DeAllende for some reason and Savea somehow only got 11 points with 2 tries, an assist and as my captain. The replacement feature for players that didn't play doesn't appear to have worked either.

All my mates have abandoned it...might do the same. It's a shame really because I love this kind of thing and I just wish they'd have got it 100% between now and the last 6N. Alas no :(

Yeah, at this point you can only really abandon but I hope in the future it will be workable as its a good idea.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I'm going to stick with it in the hopes that everyone else abandons and I win all the prizes :D

They said 2 days ago that the deadline for this week was the Wales v Fiji game this Thursday at 16.45. However, its now locked. No team selection changes possible. First I was annoyed about them changing the deadline, resulting in me making transfers unnecessarily early - basically I now have no fly half because of this - and now I can't even limit the damage by changing my kicker. It's getting very very frustrating :mad:

I'm hoping/assuming that it will be opened soon enough no?
    (Make Transfers button currently greyed out)

If not, I'm screwed (my double Romania backrow is light!).

Who are the must haves this week if we can make some transfers?

I can make transfers on mine?

Yup, button now visible.

So who are we all looking for this gameweek's fixtures?
    KICK OFF TEAMS
    Oct 1, 2015, 8:00:00 PM FRA vs CAN
    Oct 1, 2015, 4:45:00 PM WAL vs FIJ
    Oct 2, 2015, 8:00:00 PM NZL vs GEO
    Oct 3, 2015, 8:00:00 PM ENG vs AUS
    Oct 3, 2015, 2:30:00 PM SAM vs JAP
    Oct 3, 2015, 4:45:00 PM SCO vs SA
    Oct 4, 2015, 2:30:00 PM ARG vs TON
    Oct 4, 2015, 4:45:00 PM ITA vs IRE

• Advertisement

Just noticed on the site it says the deadline is 8pm today, even though the Wales match is on before that?

Also they haven't updated some of the players that have been called into squads as injury replacements.

Can you not make more than 3 transfers? I thought you had 3 free and then anymore cost you?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can you not make more than 3 transfers? I thought you had 3 free and then anymore cost you?

I did four last week alright
    Haven't bothered logging in this week having a laptop free holiday :)

Stheno wrote: »
    I did four last week alright
    Haven't bothered logging in this week having a laptop free holiday :)

I had the perfect 4 transfer system mathematically worked out which allowed me to get in exactly who I wanted but could only make 3 of them :(

I'll check it again later.

Same here. They seem to have changed it so you can only do 3 max. Makes the team you picked on day 1 so important now and also injusries play a massive part. Don't agree with changing the rules without letting anyone know after 2 weeks

^ Exactly. I'm now stuck with only one winger, maybe none if he doesn't play.

^ Exactly. I'm now stuck with only one winger, maybe none if he doesn't play.

I have no fly half now that both Finn Russell and Beauden Barrett are out. Luckily I have Laidlaw at SH and he kicks so have managed to get a kicker picked.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have 13/15 of my first choice players starting this week, hooker and prop are both on the bench (Ross Ford and Samson Lee).

Woohoo guirado try :)

transfers option is available this evening

• Advertisement

Points seem to have been added. I had a pretty poor week, thanks mainly to only having one bloody winger!

Deadline for week 4 is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4:45pm.

I got 120 points and got overtaken at the top :(

Hard to know who will play this week too. A few teams might rest players but just gotta hope my transfers work out.

Yeah, more guess work.

I'd assume teams going for 1st and 2nd will have full strength teams out. I'd guess England will include the few guys who haven't played at all.

137 here but yet again my points aren't adding up properly.

Had no starting 10 this week and no kicker but my sub 9 actually did quite well. Also had no Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Hard to know who will play this week, definitely ditching my English guys though.

Hard to know who will play this week, definitely ditching my English guys though.

Heh. I had Brad Barret as my sub option centre as he was cheap enough and I figured if he played he'd have a high enough tackle count at least.

His stats have been terribad the entire tournament which reflects how incredibly poor he has been for England. Would in no way surprise me after this tournament if his international career is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Might be worth hanging onto an english wing given that they're playing Uruguay

b.gud wrote: »
    Might be worth hanging onto an english wing given that they're playing Uruguay

I'm watching that game on ITV for the cringe factor. Will be like watching the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

I'm watching that game on ITV for the cringe factor. Will be like watching the office.

Good thinking maybe worth finding an ITV stream for this match, damn UPC

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    Good thinking maybe worth finding an ITV stream for this match, damn UPC

Actually not UPC's fault, wasn't it ITV launched an Irish version of their primary channel and that's what we have now instead?

Advertisement