Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Cabinet / Safe

Options
  • 07-09-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

Looking for a deep 4/6 gun safe which will hold a scoped rifle.

Buffalo River 6 Gun = €399 - 1500H x 360W x 360D (SportsDen)
    Warmflow 4 Gun = €199 - 1486H x 340W x 330D (Outdoor Sports)

I've had a Buffalo River safe in the past and I know they over estimate what you can fit in it as you can see above, cabinets are almost the same dimensions but the Buffalo River states it can fit 2 more firearms in it (NOT)

Now for the questions,

1. Is the Buffalo River really twice a good as the WarmFlow considering you will realistically only fit 4 (maybe 5) firearms in the Buffalo River.

2. How do people rate the WarmFlow cabinets, are they good solid cabinets.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Guys

I've had a Buffalo River safe in the past and I know they over estimate what you can fit in it as you can see above, cabinets are almost the same dimensions but the Buffalo River states it can fit 2 more firearms in it (NOT)

Now for the questions,

1. Is the Buffalo River really twice a good as the WarmFlow considering you will realistically only fit 4 (maybe 5) firearms in the Buffalo River.

Thanks a million
    Give Mourne shooting grounds a call. I was looking at their safes at the game fair and they're the best looking safes I've looked at. Not sure of the name or anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Thanks, I know Sean as I shoot up there a fair amount as its close to me up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Mourne Shooting Grounds sell the Lokaway gun safes, seem quite strong and unique in their locking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Guys

Now for the questions,

Thanks a million

It's a great question one I have taught about myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I have the Warmflow from outdoor sports. It seems solid enough, it comes with foam lining for all the interior walls of the safe which is good to prevent scratching the guns as the go in and out. The foam lining is probably the reason doesn't fit as many guns as the other safe with similar dimensions.
    The only problem I have with it, is that it's tricky enough to get the key into the lock. Also I had to grease the hinges and locking mechanism when I got it because they were stiff and squeaky, but a bit of grease fixed that, no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

There are two versions of the warmflow four gun, one is deeper and suitable for scoped rifles.

I have both the deep warmflow and I have the Buffalo river one as well.

Buffalo river has far better construction and locking system and is far more solid in my opinion.

I've three pretty large scoped rifles, a shotgun, ammo, cleaning rods, etc in the Buffalo river.

The warmflow will not take that amount of kit and will be tight with space for less firearms.

If I was upgrading again i would go for a larger buffalo river. Only downside to them is the carpeted interior which is not good for humidity control. Also Buffalo river have different grades of safes, diamond, silver, etc. You might have had one from a lower spec series.

Warmflow are solid and nothing wrong with them but I prefer the single key locking of the Buffalo one as I found the two warmflow locks quite fiddly to get the keys into. Might just be my safe.

At the end of the day, how many Firearms, equipment, etc you need to store will make your decision as one has better space than the other and is sturdier.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Give Mourne shooting grounds a call. I was looking at their safes at the game fair and they're the best looking safes I've looked at. Not sure of the name or anything though.

I have placed an order with these at the game fair and i am still waiting for a delivery.i think i will look for my deposit back

Advertisement