Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday

• 07-09-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'll be doing my leaving cert this summer and the lads are heading to magaluf afterwards, problem is all the hotels are all 18+ and I won't turn 18 till December next year, does anyone please have any idea how to get around this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Could they book the room for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Could they book the room for you?

They take passports at reciption for "insurance reasons"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

cough *fake id* cough or claim to have lost your passport between the airport and the hotel.. don't know how plausible that is though :pac:
    There must be some hotels that allow it though once there's an 'adult' staying in the same room?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Was looking at FAQ on BH Mallorca and it was saying you can only book if you are 18. But if you are 17 its fine when there is an 18+ in the room and you get permission from parents

From their website here
    "Q. What is the minimum age to stay at the Hotel?

The minimum age to stay at BH Mallorca is 18. Please contact us for details

Q. Can I book if I am 17?

If someone aged 18+ is travelling with you and you have written parental/guardian permission then you can book. The written permission needs to be sent to info@gchmallorca once booking has been made."

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tk2398

Much appreciated I emailed the hotel and they said it will be no problem as long as I sent in the written permission all is good now just nine months of phone leaving cert work to do beforehand 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement