Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two non-nationals/non-Irish citizens marrying in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-09-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I'm from Turkey (non-EU) I just moved to Dublin and have residence permit for a year and my fiance from Finland(EU) is moving here in a month. Can we get married here?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Give the Immigration Council of Ireland a call. (01) 674 0200. It's a free service and they are very helpful and will be able to tell you exactly whats required. Alternatively if your in Dublin, you can walk in and get advice.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 goksel

Thanks almorris!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Why not get married in Finland where your future wife is from? She would have all the information about it. It is a beautiful country.

But maybe it would have something to do with your residence permit or something.

Congratulations on your future wedding!

Spanisheyes, as you said, its residence permit. Finland is the one of the toughest countries (immigration, 3rd hardest country to get visa...) and I'm too old to deal with their rules. I am not planning to live in Finland. I love my gf and planning to live in Dublin since my office here. Hope we will do it here. Thanks for your best wishes :)

Spanisheyes, as you said, its residence permit. Finland is the one of the toughest countries (immigration, 3rd hardest country to get visa...) and I'm too old to deal with their rules. I am not planning to live in Finland, it will be Ireland for 1-2 years then Turkey. I love my gf and planning to live in Dublin since my office here. Hope we will do it here. Thanks for your best wishes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Well, presumably same rules should apply to anyone getting married in Ireland. Have a look at the GRO/HSE website on marriage and registration.
    https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Getting_Married.aspx
    All requirements are listed there. Get your notification to marry in as soon as you can if you want to get married right away, as you need 3 months for this.
    You'll both need to get an Apostille on your birth certificate, that's probably the toughest requirement as it's only issued in country of origin.

Thank Gatica! I will check if I can get Apostille on your birth certificate from embassy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

No problem, I hope they can sort you out, but as far as I know it must be done within the country of origin :(
    It's a pain cos I had to post my birth cert to family to do it for me in my birth country.

Advertisement