Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 TCS Amsterdam Marathon: Comms

Options
  • 08-09-2015 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Any other Irish runners registered for the Amsterdam Marathon in October 2015? Wondering if you've heard from the organizers lately re: Bib numbers, arrangements etc... do they normally leave it until September (if you have run this one before)

Lost my email backups so concerned I missed something!

I registered back in July btw.

Looking forward to it all the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

I ran this a few years ago. I remember that people could still enter up until late September, and we didn't get info about bib number collection, etc.. until about 2 weeks before the event. If you have registered for newsletters from the website, you should receive at least one email in October with info about Expo, bib collection and the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I'm registered for the half but no info yet. Not too concerned just yet. If I haven't heard by the end of the first week in October I will be. Just a few emails about other events coming through in Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Cheers. I'm down for Florence as well and those guys are on fire with the communications! I'll hang tight for a few weeks so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amabs

Signed up and ready to race! Only heard good things about it, yet to hear anything from organisers, imagine you'd be best get them to resend your details in advance of travelling..

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

My confirmation letter arrived this morning for the Half Marathon.
    You need to bring this letter with you to collect your bib number/timing chip from the Expo.
    So excited about this one.

Anyone else doing the Half?

Any suggestions for post race beers?

• Advertisement

I got my marathon number also in letter. So I am all set.

Amsterdam use cups or bottles at water stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Skidrow wrote: »
    Amsterdam use cups or bottles at water stations?

v soft plastic cups. I walked each water station last year so to make sure I got the fluids in

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amabs

Got my race number too, all set! Hows the training been going all? One last race on sat (simon fun run) for me and then its all fairly easy runs with some MP stuff.. Wonder will there be any Irish runners going for Olympic qualifying there... prob not too many left after last wk.

Is it easy to get in and out of the stadium to watch the start/finish of the marathon?
    I am doing the half later in the day, would be nice to see the main event.

• Advertisement

Just realised that if Ireland top the group in the rugby, that the quarter final is the same time as the half marathon... Feck it! So need a recommendation for an establishment likely to be showing it as close to the stadium as possible.... Reckon I'll make the last half hour if I get a move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Skidrow wrote: »
    Is it easy to get in and out of the stadium to watch the start/finish of the marathon?
    I am doing the half later in the day, would be nice to see the main event.

It's no problem. When i ran the Marathon in 2013, my wife ran the half marathon the same afternoon. She watched the start of the marathon in the stadium, then came out on the course to watch the runners pass (think miles 3 & 5). She stayed outside the stadium watching us come into the finish and then started her own run. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Just seen this as it didn't say in the pack which one the yellow section was.

http://www.tcsamsterdammarathon.nl/en/start-finish-tcs-amsterdam-marathon-2/

18,500 entries was the cut-off for the half!!!
    Even with the 6 waves for starting congestion must be an issue?

Anyone know if the 1:50 pacer will be in wave 3 or 4?

Wave 3...13.32 Blue Time between 1.40.00 – 1.50.00
    Wave 4...13.38 Yellow Time between 1.50.00 – 2.00.00

Any suggestions for where to catch rugby matches on TV in Amsterdam?

Best of luck to everyone running on Sunday.:D

Depends where you're staying... Plenty Irish bars around the city centre. Have been scouring the Internet to find some place to try and catch the last 15 minutes of the quarter final near the finish... Not happening though!

We are staying on Singel St, near the flower market, pretty central.
    Flying at 9:45 Friday so will spend the day looking for somewhere to watch the Saturday semis.

If anyone hears of a good place to go for later on Sunday stick a message on Boards- will be gumming for a few scoops after the race.:D

Depends which end of Singel you are on but you have the Blarney Stone at one end and Mulligans at the other... Both claim to show Irish sport so you might be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Good luck all. Looks like it won't b a roaster this year. Hope the rain stays away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Didn't realise it was on today, best of luck to everyone running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

DNS
    Flew to Cork - Amsterdam - DC last Saturday and DC - Amsterdam on Thurs. Chest was bad before I went and has got worse. Only made final decision this morning. Can't be superman.

The leaders pass where I'm staying around the 23 mile mark so gonna watch them glide by shortly. Cold and wet at the moment so going to have to layer up. Not running for a time today due to recent injury troubles. Moral dilemma happening as I'm in the starting pen for sub 1:40 which won't be happening. But the next available pen starts 20 odd minutes later, which will rule out any possibility of catching the last 15 minutes of the rugby... Oh, what to do!!!

Knocked this one out today. No biggie. Only managed 3:30, but what do you expect if you're a conference call with SiliconValley for most of it? Still, loved the canal-side entertainment, some of the sights such as the Reichmuseum, and the free bananas. My new Hokas got a good first time outing. Shame it rained in a half-hearted way. And now Awesome to see so many hot sexy men out there (I don't notice women).

In general though, it;s a kinda boring run compared with Florence, Paris, Moscow, Helsinki and Brussels.

Left the boozing afterwards to the amateurs.

Why does Irish running have to involve drinking and pubs? Who gives a ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

JohnDozer wrote: »
    The leaders pass where I'm staying around the 23 mile mark so gonna watch them glide by shortly. Cold and wet at the moment so going to have to layer up. Not running for a time today due to recent injury troubles. Moral dilemma happening as I'm in the starting pen for sub 1:40 which won't be happening. But the next available pen starts 20 odd minutes later, which will rule out any possibility of catching the last 15 minutes of the rugby... Oh, what to do!!!

How'd you get on JD?

Happy enough. Would have taken 1:50 on the morning with the way the last two months have been training wise. Started off a bit quicker than planned and decided to try and maintain that pace. Could definitely feel the lack of work towards the end, couldn't pick up the pace at all without feeling the calf muscle being strained. Chip time was 1:44:42 so I'll take that. The course itself was flat, three very minor drags. Boring enough up to mile 9, but good after that as you've a bit more of Amsterdam to look at and distract you. Olympic Stadium track finish.... Enough said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fowler1

What a course, if Berlin is flatter than this it must be down hill. I ran 2 48 53 a pb by 70 seconds. The support on the course was a bit slack alright but with only 12 thousand running congestion was not a problem. And what a city to celebrate in afterwards. Conditions on Sunday were perfect and I think I be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

fowler1 wrote: »
    What a course, if Berlin is flatter than this it must be down hill. I ran 2 48 53 a pb by 70 seconds. The support on the course was a bit slack alright but with only 12 thousand running congestion was not a problem. And what a city to celebrate in afterwards. Conditions on Sunday were perfect and I think I be back next year.

I completed this marathon in 2013. A few people had said to me the course was boring, but in all fairness, i liked it.
    Starting & Finishing in the old olympic stadium, out & back through vondel park and 6/7 miles out by the amstel river. I loved these sections of the marathon. Congrats on the great time.

Advertisement