Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyongyang (North Korea) Marathon 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

I believe that Kim Jong-il still holds the course record, 1 hr 59mins. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

He's another fan of that Rosanna Davison gluten-free marathon diet. They're everywhere.

And there I was still trying to do a Dublin halfie in 43 mins... shame I put mayo on them chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I know a girl that did it last year. She's based in Hong Kong. There aren't huge numbers that do it and obviously quite a lot of checks carried out before you're accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yeah another one for the bucket list. North Korea fascinates me

I remember pricing this up around this up this time last year but 'The Leader' himself has stopped foreigners into N. Korea. Luckily for the 2015 race he removed these restrictions a few months prior to the event.
    I know flights in were only from Beijing but I see Shanghai is now also an option.
    And the packages been advertised from the tour group Koryo have definitely increased in price since last year

Advertisement