Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Issues & Competition Law

Options
  • 08-09-2015 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I wish to appeal against the closure of my thread in the dental issue forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056526627

I have sent a PM to the Mod (Fitzgeme) who said he closed it sighting (sic) charter rule 10, which is "Do not resurrect old threads without a very good reason or important updates."

This is not an old thread, it was started three and a half years ago and I hope it will continue for many more. It is a one-person longitudinal study, that has suffered constant harassment from bullying mods who do not like anyone reporting a positive experience with a foreign dentist.

I believe that the motivation for the closure of the thread is the desire on the part of the dentist moderators eliminate any views that are contrary to their trade interests.

There is a serious problem with the moderation on this forum, and while it might be of benefit to have dentists participating, they can't be allowed to play the game and blow the whistle.

Boards.ie Limited needs to take this matter seriously. Irish competition law prohibits concerted practices that have as their object or effect the prevention, restriction or distortion of competition in trade in any goods or services.

If Boards.ie Limited does not take appropriate action I will make a formal complaint to the Competition Authority against Boards.ie Limited and the relevant moderators.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As the DRP rules clearly state, this is for disputing bans and infractions only. PM the mods in question to discuss it, or the cmods if you can't reach and understanding with the mods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement