Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel bike to work scheme

Options
  • 08-09-2015 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone please help me? I'm trying to find out if I can cancel my bike to work scheme, I placed an order with a bike shop but have not yet received the bike and with the bad weather coming I will not get much use from it.
    Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When did you order it? What were you told about delivery times? Did you pay a deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

I was told by the shop it would be 2 weeks but that was nearly 6 weeks ago, I didn't pay any deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

call them? tell them you dont want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Cheers thanks for the advice I call them today so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, just say you wish to cancel as it has taken 3 times longer than promised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Better check first whether you can reactivate your bike-to-work deal next spring if you want to, having cancelled this one - you can only avail of the scheme once every 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd recommend speaking to your Payroll department or whoever administers the Cycle to Work scheme in your company also, to make sure that there's no impact on your eligibility.

Advertisement