Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair disaster

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If he suggests fixing it for you again say on what planet would someone allow a person who has butchered their hair to go at it again with bleach. Say you have found someone who is going to repair it for you but it'll be costly as the damage is so vast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm laying in bed tonight with a knickers on my head, sleeping with the olaplex treatment in. Will wash it out in the morning, and try* leave it to dry naturally. I'm just so stressed out. My head is too fat for really short hair. I need to keep my length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm laying in bed tonight with a knickers on my head, sleeping with the olaplex treatment in. Will wash it out in the morning, and try* leave it to dry naturally. I'm just so stressed out. My head is too fat for really short hair. I need to keep my length.

You're doing everything right, so try not to worry. You may need some taken off, but I wouldn't say you'd need more than just the ends chopped.

You're right Anna. Even with my discount, treatments are 10 euro a pop, the cuts going to be 60, the colour will probably be about 80. And that's AFTER paying him to do it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You're right Anna. Even with my discount, treatments are 10 euro a pop, the cuts going to be 60, the colour will probably be about 80. And that's AFTER paying him to do it.

Best of luck I hope you get that refund. Am I remembering right that you work in beauty? If so that must make it worse as you'll be feeling bad about it even more so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Your hair will be fine though so stop worrying. It's bad now because it's freshly done. I've been getting highlights for years and the first few days after I get them my hair is like worsel gummidge but it soon gets back to normal once your hair has a chance for the natural oils to penetrate. Don't be afraid to let it get a bit greasy too, it helps.

I used to bleach the head off myself (I don't anymore) and have had a few near disasters but never underestimate the power of a good treatment. They've saved my hair many times. From the first pic you put up of your whole hair the damage mainly seems to be the bottom, the mid lengths and top look good to me. As bad as it is just think to yourself it could be worse.

That's it, it could be worse. That clown wanting to bleach the damage out of it!! Could you imagine?? And this guy OWNS the salon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

:eek:
    That's it, it could be worse. That clown wanting to bleach the damage out of it!! Could you imagine?? And this guy OWNS the salon
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Name and shame on Facebook really? Will befriending them as if we were their friends to start out with be any good.

So this morning I washed out a treatment that I left in my hair about 17 hours.
    My hair is about 50% better than it was. It didn't go weird when I wet it, like it previously had, and didn't seem to snap while i combed it out (dry)

It still looks damaged and it's very flyaway but I think I'll be happy enough to keep the treatments in it, and in a week or so when it's a bit stronger, I'll dye it back brown and have it cut as much as it needs to. It'll grow faster if it's in better condition.

The absolute stress of it though, I'll be naturally grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I use L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil. A few pumps of it and spread through the ends of your hair moisturises it when damp. It also works when dry to smooth away fly-aways. I use it on my highlighted hair. your ends will feel a lot smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

@LexieOnRale you have my sympathies almost exact same thing has happened to my mum who decided to embrace the granny grey trend... her hair was a mix of bright blue and green when she came out of the salon! She used a redken chelating shampoo and it helped remove a lot of the greenish tone in case that might help you.

Can I ask which Olaplex treatment you used? I've a trade card and was considering purchasing it for her to improve the condition.

Advertisement