Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much CO2

Options
  • 08-09-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

My latest brew is on for the last 4 days. there is a slight bit of pressure in the fermentation lock, but its not actually bubling. my guess is that there has been barely 100 CC of CO2 produced,
    Is this normal ? I was expecting a continuous trickle of bubble in the air-lock, like a bubble every half hour at least. but every time i checked it, it looks exactlu the same.
    how do I know if the fermentation has started or not. I did record a Gravity of 1035 3 days ago.
    Any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Is there Krausen?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ignore the airlock, it doesn't tell you anything useful.
    I did record a Gravity of 1035 3 days ago.
    Any advice ?
    I'd give it another couple of days and then take another gravity reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

If your fermenter isnt airtight the CO2 will vent out somewhere else. Which is fine. Ignore the airlock.

Only a gravity reading can tell definitively how much the beer has fermented. Just leave it for two weeks and take a reading at bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Needn't have been worried. Took a sample just now for analysis. Looks, smells, and tastes like fermenting beer. G=1020 ( started at 1035 last Saturday.). Either, there is very little gas being produced, or if there is, it's leaking out through the lid seal. Normal service resumed.
    Looks like it will be a nice beer too.

Advertisement