Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Headphones on PS3 Super Slim

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:10am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since I may be moving soon and will no longer have a TV, but will have a large flat screen monitor which has HDMI but no sound output, I was wondering if there was a way to feed the images to the monitor via HDMI and then hook headphones up to the PS3 for the sound?

It's the super slim PS3 model, so I don't have all of the ports found in earlier models, just the AV Multi Out, the Optical Out, and the HDMI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

devnull wrote: »
    Since I may be moving soon and will no longer have a TV, but will have a large flat screen monitor which has HDMI but no sound output, I was wondering if there was a way to feed the images to the monitor via HDMI and then hook headphones up to the PS3 for the sound?

It's the super slim PS3 model, so I don't have all of the ports found in earlier models, just the AV Multi Out, the Optical Out, and the HDMI.

Use the composite cable that came with the PS3, attach it to this :
    http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Splitter-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_ys_iyr108
    and plug headphones into that. Set Video to HDMI and Audio to the third option "Audio Input Connector" or turn on "Audio Multi-Output" to get sound out of the headphones and the TV at the same time.
    So you can do the video with the HDMI and the audio with that conposite cable.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I'm pretty sure I don't have the composite cable anymore.

Advertisement