Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power - No Withdrawal Money- No tracking

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Would Appreciate third party opinions on this. Am I being a dick- really annoyed wating for this money to hit my account at this stage.
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:07 <Staff>: Hi, my name is <Staff>. I'm here to help you with your query.

Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:26 You: Hi <Staff>- I am waiting 10 days for a withdrawal to hit my account

Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:38 You: Rang your payments team Friday and they said ring back today

Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:38 <Staff>: Hi **** one moment please i will look into this for you

Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:49 You: Rang this morning and you have no tracking number from accounts yet

Tue, Sep 8, 10:42:49 <Staff>: For security can you confirm your middle name and the last 4 digits on the bank card linked to the account?
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:43:21 You: ****and ****

Tue, Sep 8, 10:43:21 <Staff>: Thank you one moment please

Tue, Sep 8, 10:43:21 <Staff>: Thank you have you contacted the bank
    regarding this ****, it has been accepted by them unfortunately at the moment we still do not have a tracking number for this transaction.

Tue, Sep 8, 10:45:17 You: There is no point contacting the bank until I have a tracking number

Tue, Sep 8, 10:45:26 You: They process tens of millions of payments daily
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:45:47 You: As I am sure you do

Tue, Sep 8, 10:45:47 <Staff>: Yes but they have accepted the payment
    *****, i would advise contacting them or if you give it another day or 2 we should then have the tracking number

Tue, Sep 8, 10:45:47 <Staff>: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tue, Sep 8, 10:50:14 You: That's really really poor service <Staff>

Tue, Sep 8, 10:50:38 You: I have been waiting ten days for a simple withdrawal, get in touch for a tracking number and told, ah sure wait another two days

Tue, Sep 8, 10:50:38 <Staff>: I am sorry for any inconvenience **** The problem here is with your bank, they have accepted the withdrawal we are awaiting the bank to provide an ARN number this is the tracking number.

Tue, Sep 8, 10:51:50 You: That's not accurate

Tue, Sep 8, 10:52:06 You: When you deposit money, as I do at work with banks they give you an ARN number

Tue, Sep 8, 10:52:18 You: you should have gotten this ARN number 10 days ago
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:52:34 You: It is not something you can pawn off as the banks fault
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:53:18 You: and lying is making this matter worse
    Tue, Sep 8, 10:53:25 You: Please escalate this to a supervisor

Tue, Sep 8, 10:53:25 <Staff>: One moment please i will sere if we have any body available to come into the chat ****one moment please

The Communication with our Chat Service has been lost. If you are on a mobile phone, it is possible that the browser page went idle. Please wait while we attempt to restore the connection. Disconnection in 60 seconds.

Connection resumed. The Communication with our Chat Service has been lost. If you are on a mobile phone, it is possible that the browser page went idle. Please wait while we attempt to restore the connection. Disconnection in 60 seconds. Connection resumed.

Tue, Sep 8, 10:53:25 <Staff>: I'm afraid at the moment we do not have an escalation manager available to enter the chat but i am happy to request a call back or e-mail within 24 hours to discus this further

Tue, Sep 8, 10:57:59 You: Who can I complain to other than posting this exchange on online betting forums?

Tue, Sep 8, 10:58:46 You: I don't appreciate Paddy Power trying to blame the bank when your controls don't track your ARN numbers ten days later. That's simple bad practice.

Tue, Sep 8, 10:58:46 <Staff>: You can send any complaints you wish to support@paddypower.com please be aware all the information i have given you today is correct.

Tue, Sep 8, 11:00:03 You: An ARN is a unique number that tags a credit card transaction when it goes from the merchant's bank (The Acquiring Bank) through to the card scheme at the card holder's bank (The Issuer). The shopper should forward this ARN number to their issuer.

Tue, Sep 8, 11:00:03 <Staff>: Are you aware it has not been 10 days since the withdrawal?

Tue, Sep 8, 11:00:56 You: Dublin Mayo played Sunday 30th August
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:01:00 You: I withdrew that day
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:01:05 You: Sunday 1 day
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:01:36 You: Monday 2, Tues 3, Thur 4, Friday 5, Sat 6, Sunday 7, Monday 8 , Tue 9
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:01:43 You: you are correct, Nine days
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:02:10 You: Is that a material difference <Staff>?
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:02:35 You: How long does it take for PP to acquire the ARN that is provided instantly by the bank?

Tue, Sep 8, 11:02:35 <Staff>: It would take for instance up to 5 working days to get to you, and possibly another 5 working days before the bank as im sure you are aware to discuss this with Paddy Power

Tue, Sep 8, 11:04:28 You: Monday- Friday is 5 working days
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:04:34 You: Mon- today is another 2
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:04:37 You: That's 7 working days

Tue, Sep 8, 11:04:48 You: I am not really going to get anywhere here today I fear
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:05:11 You: Thank you for your attempt at blaming the banks, then me
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:05:41 You: The fact is your business is based on taking monies and paying out

Tue, Sep 8, 11:05:41 <Staff>: I'm afraid without the ARN number i can not give you any update this is why i suggested contacting the bank and they could possibly give you more information regarding the delay in the funds reaching you

Tue, Sep 8, 11:05:46 You: You can take it instantly
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:05:52 You: I am waiting for a pay out
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:04 You: Oh dear.
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:11 You: <Staff>, Please google ARN
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:18 You: it's YOUR tracking number
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:23 You: NOT the Banks
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:30 You: the bank issues it to YOU
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:41 You: and your company cannot provide it to me
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:48 You: that's YOUR problem, not the banks

Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:48 <Staff>: Im afraid that is not correct, when you make a deposit we get a message from the bank to say the funds are available we then give you credit that allows you to bet with immediately, then within 5 working days the bank send the funds.

Tue, Sep 8, 11:07:43 You: How does this affect the refund <Staff>
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:08:02 You: Are you suggesting that the practice is now that you wait five days to receive the money and only then action the credit?
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:08:23 You: Why am I wasting time on this

Tue, Sep 8, 11:08:56 You: Take care. Your service is rubbish and you really have no clue what you are talking about

Tue, Sep 8, 11:08:56 <Staff>: I am sorry you feel this way ****

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support. Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:10:16 You: You too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

go you ... i'm sure <Staff> will be reeling after that one.

so you are waiting 7 working days .. a little tardy i accept but what is the normal turnaround with Paddy Power (I'm not a gambler so I wouldn't know)

Refunds to cards can take a fair while to hit the account at the best of times .. so maybe it is an issue with your bank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The problem may be with the bank, or PP, or both but you seem to have jumped to a conclusion that PP actually received a number from the bank without even getting both sides of the story.
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:11 You: <Staff>, Please google ARN
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:18 You: it's YOUR tracking number
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:23 You: NOT the Banks
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:30 You: the bank issues it to YOU
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:41 You: and your company cannot provide it to me
    Tue, Sep 8, 11:06:48 You: that's YOUR problem, not the banks
    See what your bank have to say and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

ok...the ARN number is issued by the card acquirer to PPower after they send the transactions to them. It can take 2-3 days after PPower send in the file to receive it back from them. Sometimes it might take longer.

I dont know how much you are due to receive back from them, but if its a large amount (or an amount determined by PPowers risk team), there could be a manual check required to ensure that an incorrect amount isnt processed. That can end up with he payment hitting a suspense account at the acquirer. Sometimes this can take a few days to be released.(usually it just delays for a day or so).

Another factor that might be delaying the refund is that PPower may not send refund files every day. They might only send them once a week...so you might be unlucky and just missed a payment file and have to wait for a week for it to go through.

Stick with them and get them to investigate properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I shut down my PP years ago. They drag their heels immensely with regards withdrawls. I can probably wager it was a substantial withdrawl in terms of the number. Anything over X amount I've found I always had to chase them up. Just gave up a few years ago.

On two seperate occasions I was asked to provide my passport and some details to prove I was who I said I was for a withdrawl : /

Have since moved to bet365 and some other sites for poker and are much better at dealing with withdrawls, most of them not having some massive red tape to get your winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Have to say i've not had such a problem with Powers before. Shows how little I win i guess ha! They're generally good for pricing, easy to use website and any issues get dealed with within a reasonable timeframe.

One nub i have with them (and most other online bookies) is that they have at least 2 deposit buttons on main page, yet you have to dig deep into account section to withdraw. Should have both equally prominent IMO. Trivial but anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

TheDoc wrote: »
    I shut down my PP years ago. They drag their heels immensely with regards withdrawls. I can probably wager it was a substantial withdrawl in terms of the number. Anything over X amount I've found I always had to chase them up. Just gave up a few years ago.

PP's withdrawal's to Skrill take under an hour.
    On two seperate occasions I was asked to provide my passport and some details to prove I was who I said I was for a withdrawl : /

All online bookmakers request proof of ID in the form of passport/bills etc as standard these days.
    Have since moved to bet365 and some other sites for poker and are much better at dealing with withdrawls, most of them not having some massive red tape to get your winnings.

Bet365 would have asked you for proof of ID like PP did.

And no, I don't work for PP.

Advertisement