Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Schools Around Shankill?

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good Secondary school around Shankill that takes the Kids from Scoil Mhuire? At the moment im looking around for my 2 daughters one of which will be in one in the next 3years and i feel ive left it very late.

far from been a snob or uptight git but i want what everyone wants which is the best for my kids. I've been to one or two schools and i get a cold feeling about them that's why im looking elsewhere. I wont mention schools ive been to as i dont want anyone whose kids go there feel im downgrading them or take offense.

thanks for any and all advice. Preferably one along the DART line be best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Richie2110 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good Secondary school around Shankill that takes the Kids from Scoil Mhuire? At the moment im looking around for my 2 daughters one of which will be in one in the next 3years and i feel ive left it very late.

far from been a snob or uptight git but i want what everyone wants which is the best for my kids. I've been to one or two schools and i get a cold feeling about them that's why im looking elsewhere. I wont mention schools ive been to as i dont want anyone whose kids go there feel im downgrading them or take offense.

thanks for any and all advice. Preferably one along the DART line be best.

Semi private or public?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Richie2110

ted1 wrote: »
    Semi private or public?

Either would do to be honest. Just looking for feedback and opinions from others around the area. Basically id like them to get there heads down and study so one with the stronger educational system. As we're all aware different schools have ways of teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Coláiste Ráthín in Bray is a decent school if you are looking for a Gaelscoil. I'm not really familliar with the English speaking schools

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

St.Laurence College - Ballybrack

St. Brendans College - Bray

Loreto Secondary School - Bray

St Gerard's - Bray

Presentation College - Bray

Holy Child - Killiney

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Grid. wrote: »
    St.Laurence College - Ballybrack

St. Brendans College - Bray

Loreto Secondary School - Bray

St Gerard's - Bray

Presentation College - Bray

Holy Child - Killiney
    Adding to the above

Cabinteely Community School - On the 145 bus route

Loreto Foxrock - On the 145 bus route

Loreto Dalkey - On the Dart line

Colaiste Iosagain - On the 145 bus route just past Stillorgan on the N11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 blue_desert

Richie - slightly off topic but gow did you find scoil mhuire? We are debating buying a house but are in the catchment only for scoil mhuire - we have been warned a few times that its not a good school and there are lots of kids with literacy issues in attendance _ however none of these "advisors" have children currently at the school so wanted to hear from a current parent?

Is it really much worse than st anns?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Richie2110

Richie - slightly off topic but gow did you find scoil mhuire? We are debating buying a house but are in the catchment only for scoil mhuire - we have been warned a few times that its not a good school and there are lots of kids with literacy issues in attendance _ however none of these "advisors" have children currently at the school so wanted to hear from a current parent?

Is it really much worse than st anns?

I Sent you a private mail regarding my experience. All was good teachers and principal are very approachable. unfortunately i had a slight issue but all was resolved fast thankfully however my child gets distracted too easy so thats a downfall on our behalf.

But our second daughter starts here in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blue_desert

Richie2110 wrote: »
    I Sent you a private mail regarding my experience. All was good teachers and principal are very approachable. unfortunately i had a slight issue but all was resolved fast thankfully however my child gets distracted too easy so thats a downfall on our behalf.

But our second daughter starts here in September.

Thanks Richie - appreciate the input

Advertisement