Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Blancardstown can I pick up a power supply for Raspberry Pi

• 08-09-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In Blanc later today and need a Raspberry pi power supply. Tried maplins and they are charging 26.99! Robbery, why anyone shops in that place is beyond me!

Been using phone usb, but have been having some issues which i think are related to power supply. So looking for a electrical store that I could pick these up in

Thanks in advance,
    BobbyT28

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Check your power supply and see if it says 5 or 5.2V.

Newer smartphones and apple devices all use 5.2 as it give that extra little bit they need and they generally work for the raspberry PI

Blackberry and any older micro USB 5V ones are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Check your power supply and see if it says 5 or 5.2V.

Newer smartphones and apple devices all use 5.2 as it give that extra little bit they need and they generally work for the raspberry PI

Blackberry and any older micro USB 5V ones are useless.

USing older HTC cable with older HTC plug, Also using HTC cable in a apple plug.

Do you know anywhere I can pick some good USB 5.2v power supply

Thanks for the reply,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

TBH Im amazed someone you know doesn't have one lying around. Tesco Extra if there is one nearby should have something suitable in the phones section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

there was a great piece by piece on this gadget on indestructibles last weekend, it had a bit on how make up a charger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

BobbyT28, if you are near a Chinese/Jack of all trades phone repair shop, keep an eye out for Blackberry chargers with the orange plug, they came with the Blackberry Playbook and generally are sold cheap as chips.

They output 5V/2A and work fine with any Pi that I've used, along with a cluster of USB dongles attached.

Picture of one I'm currently using below.

blackberrypi.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement