Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I miss my Best Friend / Former Boyfriend

• 08-09-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This sounds very trivial but its something that has been weighing on my mind

My boyfriend of a year and I broke up under very good circumstances. The love sort of fizzled out and we realised that we are just good friends if not best friends that hang out all the time..

We have kept our distance since the breakup to give each other some respect and privacy but lately I'm starting to miss my best friend, the inside jokes the craic that we used to have and the funny pics we would send each other. I miss bitching to him and vice versa as friends would do.

Now I know what you are thinking, if I was to text him or touch base with him that the feelings of love would come back.. I don't think so... We knew for a long time that the relationship was nothing but a friendship and literally nothing else.

So should I text him...should I just try and connect with him on friends basis once again?
    We both want to stay friends and be support to eachother when we are at our lowest points but I just don't know how soon is too soon.

Thanks x

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

How long ago have you broken up?

My rule of the thumb is that you can be friends once both of you have fully moved on romantically. If one of you is still pining a little bit, it will be painful for them and potentially damaging to the friendship.

So, if you both are clearly over each other romantically, then why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry forgot to mention that. we broke up about three weeks and we had been seeing each other for a year although I feel we both had disconnected from the romantic side of the relationship for a solid month and a half before we actually called time on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

How would you feel if he met a new girlfriend? And how would he feel if you met someone else?

If the answer to both scenarios is there would be absolutely no problem with that, you'd be happy for each other then you're probably ready to be friends.

Advertisement