Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing My Account

Options
  • 08-09-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello,

I am currently on a working holiday in Australia and won't be back in Ireland till 2017, most likely. I have no money in my Irish account but I am still being penalised for not keeping a minimum amount of money in my current account.
    Is it possible to freeze my account so this doesn't happen?

Kind regards,

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hello,

I am currently on a working holiday in Australia and won't be back in Ireland till 2017, most likely. I have no money in my Irish account but I am still being penalised for not keeping a minimum amount of money in my current account.
    Is it possible to freeze my account so this doesn't happen?

Kind regards,

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

It is not possible to freeze your account if it is not currently in use. I have included a tip sheet here for minimising fees which you may find useful.

A full schedule of current account fee and charges can be found here.

If you want to close your account from abroad, please send a written instruction (including signature) directly to your Bank of Ireland branch.

If there is a remaining balance on your account we can either send it to you by bank draft or electronic transfer to an account of your choice providing the account details are specified in your instruction.

Have a great trip Michael and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement