Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thing to do in Kilkenny

Options
  • 08-09-2015 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm in kilkenny next week for a few days with the OH, looking for a few things to do over the two days...

I know the castle is in the town centre isn't it?

Also the Smithwicks brewery too...

Anything else, open to all options, cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭ngcxt6

The castle and park of course, in the town centre yes. You can't miss it really.
    Across the road from the castle is the castle yard and design centre.

Keep walking past smithwicks tour and towards the round tower on the hill, you can climb up the middle of it and get a nice view of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Go for a walk along the river there's a board walk up one side down the other.
    Continue along the canal walk which runs along river underneath kilkenny castle.
    Continue all the way up until you cross over bridge and return on boardwalk on opposite side.
    Nice walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Drop into The Hole in the Wall, it's a small and unusual pub. Ya couldn't swing a cat in the bar downstairs but often have lots of music and craic in the function room upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Drop into The Hole in the Wall, it's a small and unusual pub. Ya couldn't swing a cat in the bar downstairs but often have lots of music and craic in the function room upstairs.
    they know how to charge in that place. Kytlers would be a more interesting and cheaper experience in an even older premises than the hole in the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

catbear wrote: »
    they know how to charge in that place. Kytlers would be a more interesting and cheaper experience in an even older premises than the hole in the wall.

I hate the Hole in the Wall. To me it's just a tacky novelty aimed at the yuppy brigade who want to appear cool and alternative by drinking in this old (literally) hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Dunmore caves are interesting
    http://www.visitkilkenny.ie/dunmore_caves

Advertisement