Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impact noise.

Options
  • 08-09-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all.
    I'm looking for advice or help on this. I live in a 3 bed semi detached ( timber frame)built 8 years ago. Basically we can here everything through the walls i.e doors closing,chairs moving from the kitchen table etc. The worst thing is their staircase is directly behind our fireplace and when used our whole house seems to shake,it's so bad we can't hang anything up over our fireplace or in the alcoves. I looked into it and it seems to be called impact noise from joists between the walls (not 100% sure). Does anyone know of any company based in Waterford or S.E that can reduce the noise or fix it entirely.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

You can only reduce impact noise at its source. The contractor should have reduced the impact areas or installed rubber gaskets between the solid members. The alternative is to crate a false wall on your side and ensure it has no connection to the offending wall.

Advertisement