Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player to Garmin Virb ?

• 08-09-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone can help.
    I use a Garmin Virb camera to record bike rides etc, and i add music while i edit the footage.
    I go to the "soundtrack" section of the edit , then click on "add audio".
    A window then pops up with the selection of the music i have ripped to the pc, on windows media player.
    But i can only select certain tracks, and if i click on the folder of whatever band i want to use, sometimes the folder is empty, and i cant select the track that i want! :confused:
    Does anyone know why this happens? What can i do to make all the music available for the editing?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

My guess is your editing package does not support the audio tracks used. WMP typically defaulted to WMA in the past but you could change it to MP3 or M4A (AAC) in the settings.

Make sure you have the latest version of the software installed and also install LAV filters (a codec package that might get the editor to see the files)
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6591

http://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters

If the editor still wont see the files you will need to re-encode the audio tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

thanks for the reply...
    i dont understand most of it ... but anywho :)

if i download the lav filter, what do i have to do then?
    Will the download 'fix' the problem with finding the tracks, or do i need to do other fixes ....
    It used to be simple :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

Just run the exe to install LAV filters, you dont need to even open it's configuration.

Codecs is the term for a video or audio format for example AAC is an audio codec, it is commonly used with the M4A container (a wrapper so to speak) but other containers can also use it like FLV and MKV.

When you ripped your CD's with Windows Media Player it probably ripped them as WMA (windows media audio) a codec/container that never took off. You can check if they are WMA by simply looking at the file extension of the audio tracks if they are .wma

I'd guess the Garmin Virb Edit software is limited to AAC in M4A containers which is why your audio tracks don't show. The LAV filters may allow the Virb software to read other types but it is a longshot, also when browsing for tracks you could from the "files of type" drop down menu select all files (*.*) and that might make it see them.

If it doesnt work you need to re-rip your CD's, use dbpoweramp and in the rip to section in bottom left select AAC/M4A or use iTunes or look in WMP settings to change to AAC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just checked the tracks,
    The ones that will work are mp3, and the wma ones are the ones that wont work.

Advertisement