Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ "Nightlight" and other closing sequences

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Was there something called A Prayer At Bedtime?Pretty much the same thing as Nightlight,may have replaced it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

darkdubh wrote: »
    Was there something called A Prayer At Bedtime?Pretty much the same thing as Nightlight,may have replaced it?

A Prayer At Bedtime would have been on through the 90s.
    Nightlight was definitely early and mid 80s coz a lot of the time I would have been in bed by then on a school morning,and I just remember it being listed every day in the old RTÉ guide.

In the late 80s and early 90s I remember they played an instrumental of Amhrán Na bhFiann accompanied by pictures of scenery etc.,but that's the only one I can remember well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I think there was short item called Outlook before it was changed to Nightlight. Anyone remember? Probably weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not quite the same, but this is what I always remember RTE closing on through my late teens. Possibly still the best thing they've ever done as an entire channel, got pure chills rewatching it just now! Plus I fecking love that song.

Two parts I'll never forget:
    - Shay Given's reaction just after the penalty shootout.
    - A lone of commentary I think we'll all take to our graves in the back of our heads... "looks like the big toe area." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not quite the same, but this is what I always remember RTE closing on through my late teens. Possibly still the best thing they've ever done as an entire channel, got pure chills rewatching it just now! Plus I fecking love that song.

Two parts I'll never forget:
    - Shay Given's reaction just after the penalty shootout.
    - A lone of commentary I think we'll all take to our graves in the back of our heads... "looks like the big toe area." :D

Brilliant!!!!!

Would ya believe I'd completely forgotten that one.
    Used to always laugh at Kristian Ziege and the Cameroon player coz it looked like they were dancing to that song on the sideline:-):-)

Loved McCarthy's reactions as well.
    And the look on Gazika Mendieta's face after that penalty-he knew very well that he fluked it!!
    That tournament brings back memories-good and bad....

• Advertisement
Advertisement