Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparent CPU Overheat

Options
  • 08-09-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I have no idea what's going on with my PC, but this just sort of happened the other day. My CPU fan's suddenly always at 2300 RPM and SpeedFan is telling me the CPU's constantly at 70 degrees, with Core 0 and 1 hovering at 95 as soon as I boot up.

i5 2500k w/ Cooler Master Seidon 120v. Was overclocked but it's back to stock speed now.

The cooler's been fine ever since I installed it over a year ago but now the fan simply will not let up. My CPU usage is 0 but it's at 66 degrees as we speak. I even reinstalled, reseated the radiator/fan/block and re-applied thermal paste today after only having done it 6 months ago before and it's still the same story. As soon as the PC boots, the fan is at max speed and the BIOS is telling me the same temps as the OS. At my wit's end here. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

It sounds like the pump isn't working.Is the pump running via motherboard or direct from psu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

game4it70 wrote: »
    It sounds like the pump isn't working.Is the pump running via motherboard or direct from psu?

Pump is connected to the motherboard.

Argh, I hope it's not the pump, really don't want to shell out for another one. Any way I can confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Go into you bios as it should have fan speed monitoring for the header that the pump is connected to.See if its showing up and if so how many rpms?
    If it is the pump you might still be able to rma it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

After messing around with the connections, I don't know what happened, but it's functioning properly again. The cooler doesn't even sound like it's on but it's gently humming along at 29C now. I'm fully prepared for it to happen again, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Advertisement