Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your pc needs to be repaired

• 08-09-2015 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

I have a Windows 8 laptop and when I turn it on it shows a blue screen with recovery on it saying your computer needs to be repaired.

Can i buy Windows 8 on a disc and just install it again? Is that even possible?

If so how much does it cost? Thanks!

I downloaded Windows 8 and can't find the product key anywhere so I think I should just get a new one if that's possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Windows 8 product key is stored on the system. You just need to do a simply restore of the PC to very it back, most likely a recovery partition on the hard drive you have. Should be a very easy job for someone who knows what they are at, or do it yourself and learn for again. Google is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

RossieMan wrote: »
    Windows 8 product key is stored on the system. You just need to do a simply restore of the PC to very it back, most likely a recovery partition on the hard drive you have. Should be a very easy job for someone who knows what they are at, or do it yourself and learn for again. Google is your friend.

When I turn on the laptop I can't click anywhere or get past the blue screen :/

I really have no idea how to fix it and Google and YouTube didnt help :o

Is it expensive to repair do you think?

What type of laptop is it?

What type of laptop is it?

Fujitsu

Try pressing f12 when it first boots up, like on the start up screen. Should enter recovery.

• Advertisement

Try pressing f12 when it first boots up, like on the start up screen. Should enter recovery.

Tried but it doesn't do anything :( thanks though!

Should definitely be a recovery partition if its a recent enough laptop. Can't offer much support without seeing it. Where you based and someone might be able to point you to a good repair service.

Should definitely be a recovery partition if its a recent enough laptop. Can't offer much support without seeing it. Where you based and someone might be able to point you to a good repair service.

Limerick

Advertisement