Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA Subbing work query

Options
  • 08-09-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

I got offered to be on subbing list to work as an SNA in a school. I am currently on job seekers allowance... I just have a query in relation to affect on my welfare and rent allowance.. My understanding in relation to welfare is that I will get a days days pay for each day not worked? For rent allowance I dont have a clue how this will work because rent allowance is much more awkward to get than welfare in the first place..... I could have times were i am working two weeks straight but then not working at all a different week..... Will I get my rent allowance for this week? Im just so unsure as from experience its a long process to get rent allowance...

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

Anyone?

Just going to pass this on to the State Benefits forum OP, you might have more luck there as it's more of a welfare question.
    MOD

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Returned from state benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

yomamma wrote: »
    Hi,

I got offered to be on subbing list to work as an SNA in a school. I am currently on job seekers allowance... I just have a query in relation to affect on my welfare and rent allowance.. My understanding in relation to welfare is that I will get a days days pay for each day not worked? For rent allowance I dont have a clue how this will work because rent allowance is much more awkward to get than welfare in the first place..... I could have times were i am working two weeks straight but then not working at all a different week..... Will I get my rent allowance for this week? Im just so unsure as from experience its a long process to get rent allowance...

Thanks,

Don't know about rent allowance but I know from experience on Jobseekers benefit that if you work a 3 day week you'll get a part payment. If you work more than the 3 days - even just to cover one class in my case, you won't get any part payment at all for that week. I worked on the "casual dockets" system where by I filled in the days worked / not worked and then that docket must be signed and stamped on school and submitted on a Wednesday (no later than thursday) to get paid the following Tuesday. Hth

Advertisement