Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AES Bin Collection

• 08-09-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Moving down near Blessington soon.

Am looking for a bin collection and it seems that AES offer the best rates. Does anyone else here use them or have any other recommendations?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I use AES (not in Blessington) and they have always been grand for me. Text service to remind you to put out your bin.
    9 euro per 240l lift, recycling free and approx 70 euro every 6 months maintenance fee.
    I get my waste lifted once every 6 - 8 weeks so will pay about 210 for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I used AES for a year until this month (I have now moved out of the area) - found them very good and they send you a text to remind you which bin to put out the night before. I went for the flat rate (about 22-24 euros a month) and for that I got a 140l general waste bin and a larger bin for recyclables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

dogmatix wrote: »
    I used AES for a year until this month (I have now moved out of the area) - found them very good and they send you a text to remind you which bin to put out the night before. I went for the flat rate (about 22-24 euros a month) and for that I got a 140l general waste bin and a larger bin for recyclables.

Fair play, I found them a disaster, probably because I was the only one using them in my estate, ( they forgot the bins every week) so I used ozo until they were forced out by a local TD with shares in oxygen, now I'm paying through the nose for an expensive service, €35 monthly. Local politics as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Interesting - in my area it was pretty much AES or nothing. I suppose if there is only one or two bins in an area for the provider then there might be reliability issues. But that is no excuse for a patchy service of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Thanks guys. Have gone with them as they seem to be the only provider in use in the area, and the rates are as good as, or better than the the other companies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement