Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Credit Card

Options
  • 08-09-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I have a Bank of Ireland credit card, I'd like to keep the credit card but I want to have a new card with a different number than my current one.

Is this possible or will I just have to cancel it and get a new one?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi gaz15, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

To change your card number it would be necessary to call our Customer Service team on 0818 251 251 and a representative will cancel your existing card and have a new one issued out to you. Your existing card will immediately be deactivated however, your new card will be with you within 3 to 5 working days. 

You're pin number will remain the same and we would always advise to update your details with any merchant whom you hold a continuous authority or direct debit instruction with. 

Regrettably, it is not possible to change your card number without cancelling the existing card. 

If we can help you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement