Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows acting strange

• 08-09-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping you can help.

I have a Dell desktop, only about a year old, with Windows 10 Home installed.

Its an i5 with 8gb RAM.

I'm having issues with a few things and not sure how to solve them.

When I'm copying files from a card to the desktop, it just aborts it with no message. The screen flashes and it exits any programs I have open, and goes back to the desktop screen. Very annoying. This happens a lot in file explorer also. I also experience random lag/slow downs when on the internet or file explorer.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Not really a lot there to go on, but this might help.

Press the Windows key, and start typing "event viewer", and when it comes up, click on it.

Go into the windows logs, you need to look at the application and system logs, you can use the option on the right to set a filter on to only see errors, and have a look to see what's failing. Depending on the log file size, it may take a while to display anything after it's selected, that's normal.

If there are errors there, it's impossible for me to suggest why at this stage, you might have a disc or memory card failing that is causing the copy to crash, or there could be almost anything else going on that's causing grief, but at least this might give you a pointer to see what's happening, and maybe why.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement