Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing

Options
  • 08-09-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi I have been fishing for a few years now on and off. Iv some general beginner knowledge and basically I like what I'm at on most occasions. I am Always sea angling for bass and sea trout and sometimes on a boat for cod and large pollock. I am currently in mount Shannon and was very interested in pike fishing in lough dearg county Clare. I Bought a good rod and reel and a few artificial lures just to start off and the people who owed the tackle store gave me an idea on what to buy. Can anyone help with a few tips or hints for fishing for pike. Their behaviour or where they are and when they are best fished? Also if anyone has any ideas on where in lough dearg to fish would be amazing. I do have access to a boat. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

best advice I can give is get a guide for a day or two on derg. they will show you techniques, and bring you to places on the lake thats fishing well. The fact you have access to a boat is a massive advantage, as derg is a huge sheet of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Yes it's suppose to be 8 mikes wide at one area. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to fish every jetty or shore area around the lake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Hort101 wrote: »
    Yes it's suppose to be 8 mikes wide at one area. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to fish every jetty or shore area around the lake

exactly, and learn to know where there are rocks too! last thing you want is to break the prop.

Advertisement