Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFAS 2016 Calendar images: Time to vote!

Options
  • 08-09-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As some members here contributed images, you might find this interesting.

The polls are now active for you to choose what you see as the 12 best images from the entries submitted. These 12 winners will be the basis for the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies (IFAS) 2016 Calendar, which will go on sale later this year.

Sales of the 2015 calendar enabled IFAS to buy 1,500 personalised solar eclipse shades that were distributed free between its 13 members clubs and the general public (which A LOT of you took up!). Funds raised from the sale of the 2016 calendar will enable IFAS to further help its member clubs and therefore benefit the general public in amateur astronomy once again.

View the IFAS forum thread here >

Go direct to the voting page here >

If you have any questions, please contact me or post it here, otherwise all you need to know is on the voting page.

Clear Skies!

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thread followed.

Can you bump this thread when Calendar comes out, I missed it last year, think it went in new thread and I hadn't checked main page in a while.

Christ where did this year go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thread followed.

Can you bump this thread when Calendar comes out, I missed it last year, think it went in new thread and I hadn't checked main page in a while.

Christ where did this year go...

I will, and thank you for your early interest! :)

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

How is this shaping up? Hopefully it'll name special dates like when is the full moon, valentines day and all them.

Came across this free 2016 pdf Calendar from the spitzer Telescope, the current November and December ones are class, Helix Nebula.

Comets_Kick_up_Dust_in_Helix_Nebula_(PIA09178).jpg

drool.gif

Advertisement