Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

• 08-09-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

So I've just started fifth year and all seems to be going well, I chose Chemistry, Biology and Art as my subjects along with the mandatory 3 and French but I am seriously reconsidering picking art.
    I thought it would be tough from the beginning but after looking at the homework I got last night it was almost impossible for me to come up with a good answer. Even worse, I'm doing the course through Irish so that makes things a whole lot tougher! I really did want to do art for leaving cert but after today I'm left so discouraged.
    I'm thinking perhaps I should take up another subject, just so I'm covered. What's economics like outside of school and is art history Really THAT hard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Art takes up a lot of time! But if you're good and prepared to put in the effort then you'll reap the rewards come June 2017.

For me, it wasn't up until 6th year that I started doing my essays under headings and using bullet points (but you need to use full sentences). This way it's easy to see what you need to talk about and break each essay down.

It also takes a while to get used to doing Art History as part of Art during the Leaving Cert, give it some more time; nobody is good at art history in the beginning.

I got 2% in one my Mock essays, in the actual thing I got 92% in all three. Don't stress too much, learn from your mistakes and break each question down.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rachel98

If u are good at the practical art it would be worth keeping it up. The actual art work is worth about 60% before u even step into the art history exam. There is also a lot of choice with art history on the paper.

Advertisement