Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP recommendation Lucan

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm finding my current GP in Lucan isn't dealing with my mental health issues the way I think he should. I just don't think he's empathetic enough. Can anyone recommend a GP in Lucan who has a good understanding of mental health issues and would also be good as a family GP?

Just to note: I have a psychiatrist who I see regularly for my mental health issues. I just need the peripheral support from a GP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Broadsider

My family have been using Dr Samir Ekky. I find him very thorough.
    HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dr Kumar in the Prima care in Griffeen avenue is a very good family doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

I ended up moving to Dodsboro Clinic across the road from Tesco. Much cheaper and the care is great. Can be hard getting through to book appointments on the phone but I can live with that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I use Dodsboro Clinic and have been going there for nearly 10 years now.
    I had previously been using Stuart Kenny there but they have a new doctor, first name Ross. Really nice guy and I can't recommend him enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elsiemay286

Heroditas wrote: »
    I use Dodsboro Clinic and have been going there for nearly 10 years now.
    I had previously been using Stuart Kenny there but they have a new doctor, first name Ross. Really nice guy and I can't recommend him enough.

Ross is an absolutely wonderful doctor but as far as I know he is only a GP Reg so isnt there longterm, perhaps another 3 months or so. I could be wrong and its a shame as he's a really nice guy. Great with kids and husbands. Saying that Ive never had a bad experience with any doctor there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement